Chapter 36

Kill em with kindness..

~•~ Chapter 36 ~•~

Faint soft murmurs hit my ears, dragging me gently out of the darkness. I felt lightheaded and woozy, but in a good way. Dim light surrounded me when I opened my eyes before I was welcomed with the familiar surroundings of my tent and the faces of Thomas and Cole sitting by. A flashlight was on in the corner next to Harry's bag, our clothes messily folded on top of my bag, making me chuckle in amusement. This man never learned how to properly fold, despite the countless times I've shown him.

I shifted from my lying position, the warm blanket wrapped around me had brought a thin trace of sweat on my back. The boys both looked at me, acknowledging me. Thomas looked tired, while Cole looked sad and troubled.

“About time, young lady.” Thomas teased in a light mood, sending me a small smile.

I forced a sleepy smile as I pulled myself to a sitting position, my knee felt sore, so I decided to not bent it and just cross my ankles. “Hey,” I murmured quietly, my voice slightly deeper, as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes. “What happened?” I asked confused, trying to recall the situation before I passed out.

“The house is gone, three bags as well, everyone is alive,” Thomas replied easily, fidgeting with a silver bullet in between his fingers that rested on top  of his bent knees. He had grown a subtle, his face decorated with small wounds all over his cheeks. His oversized black sweater had  swallowed him in, making him look small.

“The dog, also.” Cole added in a light tone, offering a small smile.

I nodded, forcing a smile as the terrifying memories of the fire flashed before my eyes. “How's Louis?” I asked, remembering he was crashed down from a wall.

“He's good, Liam took good care of him.” Thomas replied, looking at me with concerned eyes. “How are you? You passed out and I thought you were dying.” he confessed, making my heart warm with how much he cared.

“Uh, I feel fine, just sore.” I admitted gruffly, shrugging my shoulders. “Are you guys okay?” I asked, looking between the two.

They both nodded, “We’re glad we're alive, actually.” Cole huffed, running a hand through his messy unruly hair. He had a bandage shown from beneath his grey shirt on his collarbone, meaning he was hurt there.

I nodded, grateful everyone was safe and alive. If we had lost anyone in that fire, it would cause too much stress and pain for all of us. “Where's Harry?” I glanced at the unzipped gap of the tent, seeing the muddh ground and the dark green leaves outside.

“With Louis, checking him up.” Cole answered.

“He was here the whole time, waiting for you to wake up, but Liam had finished with Louis’ bandages so he went to check him up.” Thomas muttered flatly, staring at the small bullet in his fingers that shined under the light of the flashlight.

“I see,” I mumbled, pulling the sleeves of my sweater further down to cover my whole hand. I noticed I was wearing Harry's red sweater that reached right above my knees, a smile pulling at my lips as I realized he had dressed me up. “So we lost supplies, huh?” I looked up at them.

“Yeah, but we still have enough I believe.” Thomas shrugged. “We need to get to that lab as soon as possible, every day, something bad happens, I don't know for how long we'll manage in this place.” He shook his head, his exhausted face plastered with stress.

A small sigh came past my dry lips, the need to drink water intense now. “I don't care how long it will take, I just hope nobody dies.” I admitted, noticing Cole’s eyes widening at my words before he hid his shock and  sadness with a blank stare. “Could you give me the bottle, please,” I said, pointing at my bag, next to him.