Chapter 65

Thinking you could live without me...

~•~ Chapter 65 ~•~

Running up the stairs, my body started to grow tired on me. Feeling completely sore, I pushed myself harder, knowing it won't be long until I suddenly collapse face forward on the floor. The boys were close behind me, Thomas and Harry both still shooting at the zombies. Reaching up the top floor, I drew sharp breaths to calm down my lungs before I heard the ding and kicked the doors open.

Revealing myself into another hallway, I felt my skin tingle with panic when right in front of me, sat down on the floor many zombies, eating hungrily a dead woman that they had captured. Instantly, my stomach churned and I pursed my lips together to hold myself from puking. Zayn bumped on me, making me take an abrupt, loud step forward while I slammed my katana accidentally against the wall.

In a heartbeat, all of the zombies turned to look at us.

“Fuck.” I mumbled before repositioning my katana in my hands.

Just as they all jumped on their feet and lunged at us, I felt shudders run all the way from the back of my neck down to my toes. I moved to the right as Zayn moved to the left, leaving space for Thomas and Harry to come and help from the back after locking the doors. Two zombies followed me, one of them falling flat against the floor and grabbing my leg.

I shrieked as I tripped and fell against the wall, my elbow scratched against the corner of a table. Hissing, I swung my katana to the side, cutting off one zombie’s head, her blood all over my face as it burst out. Then, I instantly stabbed the lying zombie that was holding my leg, my katana piercing right through his back bones right into the heart. As the zombie screamed, I pulled my bloody katana out before stabbing him right in the head and twisting the knife so that he was in an awkward ankle.

Just as I pulled my katana out of his skull, three zombies came at me. I swiftly climbed on the desk beside me before jumping in the air, kicking two of them in the face in mid air before pressing the button and swiping my flamy katana downwards, literally slicing one zombie in two parts. The burnt smell of blood and flesh reached my nostrils by the time I landed on my feet. I swung around in a circle around my self, keeping my katana above my head so that I cut off all four zombie’s heads that came to me.

With blood all over me, I turned to see the boys. Thomas was doing okay against three zombies, having them all in one corner so he shot them right in the foreheads. Zayn used his crossbow with his flamy arrows, having a lot of zombies run to different directions, screaming from the burning pain eating away their destroyed bodies. Harry had two zombies pinned against the wall with his large knife stuck through between both their bodies and the wall. I cringed when he shot the first zombie in the eye and the bullet pierced through his head and the zombie’s skull from behind.

My heart jumped when a zombie attacked Harry from behind, but he easily just ducked, avoiding the zombie’s hands, and turned around before shooting the zombie’s jaw from his crouching position. A loud crack caught my ears, making me turn to see Zayn dropping a zombie on the ground with a broken neck. Looking around, I realized we had taken down all of the zombies pretty fast.

“Fuck.” Zayn grumbled before he slid down the wall, blood running down his left nostril.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, Zayn, are you alright?” Thomas instantly rushed up to his side, crouching down beside him.