Chapter 20

I don't want you to face this world alone...

~•~ Chapter 20 ~•~

I rushed forward, squeezing between Zayn and Ashton to get to Harry, who was listening to something Liam was telling him. The anxiety that had cursed me in that moment was too much for my nerves to calm down.

“Harry,” I said, placing my hand on his shoulder. He turned to look at me, “Something bad is going to happen.” I told him, making his expression from calm switch to confused. Liam even gave me a strange look.

“What? How do you know?” he asked.

“I just know, I can feel it. Something is going to happen and-,“

“Claire, you need to calm down, nobody is going to get hurt.” he cut me off, keeping his voice cool. I caught Cole turning to look at us from the corner of my eye.

“No, Harry, I have a bad feeling, this is exactly what I've been feeling when Kate and Chris died!” I protested, seeing the sorry flash over Liam’s eyes.

Harry pinched his lips together as the painful memory must have crossed his mind. He leaned closer to my ear, “Babe, I need you to calm down. We are all together, armed and ready. Nothing bad will happen.” he said, giving my hand a gentle squeeze that instantly threw waves of warmth through my arm.

“But-,“

“Claire, you're just too stressed.” Liam said softly, giving me a stern look. “It’s the place having an effect on you. We got you.” he gave me a small smile.

I nodded, knowing they are right. But my sixth sense is never wrong. I always followed my gut and survived for so long. Something's not right but I can't tell what it is.

“You're right,” I agreed, looking  ahead at Cole and Ed, “Just...keep your guns on them.” I said, earning a curt nod from Liam before walking back at my position; at the end of the line, next to Thomas.

“You’re okay?” he asked, frowning at me.

“Yeah, just fine.” I muttered, looking around the trees.

“The lake is 20 meters away, watch out for any zombie nearby.” Harry instructed, pointing ahead.

“I heard Cole and Ed talking last night, when I went to take my campbag from downstairs.” Thomas leaned to my ear.

“What did they say?” Curiosity grew fonder inside of me.

“I couldn't make out clearly, but Ed said he will take us from the back road or something. Cole sounded pissed about it.” he replied, frowning skeptically.

I looked around, seeing nothing suspicious. Just trees and ants flying around. “You think this is the back road?” I questioned, looking at him.

He shrugged, “It could be, but why was Cole pissed?”

“That's all you heard?”

“Yeah, Ed then started complaining about how much of a douche Harry is.” he sounded awkward saying that, obviously because Harry is my boyfriend.

I chuckled, not surprised. “Of course he would.”

“I haven't told Harry.” Thomas looked at me seriously, his coffee brown eyes uncertain.

“It's ok, we'll tell him later.” I assured, him nodding.

“Down!” Harry ordered and I instinctively kneeled down and dropped on the floor on my stomach, my heart skipping beats with anxiety.