Chapter 26

Why are your eyes heavy?..

~•~ Chapter 26 ~•~

I was woken up by a freezing cold whoosh of air rubbing against my legs as the blanket was lifted in the air momentarily before tapped back down. I blinked as a low yawn came past my lips, the sore feeling all over my body making my bones crack as I rolled over on my side to glance over at Harry. His scrunched back was facing me as he stretched his arms, his head titled to the side. The dim light in the blue tent told me it was still too early to be up.

"Harry?" I asked quietly, my voice a mere whisper.

Due to the crystal clear silence, he heard me and turned his head to look at me, his jade eyes weighted down with bags. The marks of the burned skin across the right side of his side was shadowed by his position, his plump lips slightly pale. "I'm just going to check up the boys." he said softly, leaning towards me to leave a gentle sweet kiss on my forehead, his hand fondling my hair. A small smile crossed my lips at the gesture, "I'll be right back, don't get up yet."

"Okay." I murmured, lifting my head up, motioning him to get closer. He leaned towards me and I kissed his cheek, seeing the faint smirk appear on his lips. He pushed himself off the ground, the hood of his dark grey sweater matted against his back. He adjusted the hood around his head and unzipped the front of the tent, revealing the faint light from outside. Cold wind entered the tent, making me shiver. I can't believe this weather - actually, I can't believe this place. It's snowing, out of nowhere, while a few yards behind we were melting from the hotness that had creeped up on us.

I shuddered and snuggled beneath our fuzzy blankets. Harry left the tent and zipped it closed so I wouldn't get cold. His faint shadow was visible as he lazily walked over a few meters away to the tent on our right, where Niall and Liam were sleeping at. I yawned again, my eyelids heavy. Despite going to bed early, the tiredness I felt all over my body was indescribable. I still have the courage to keep on, but my body felt so utterly exhausted. My entire body was warm, thankfully, but my nose, cheeks and feet were cold. I hate having cold feet despite wearing two pair of socks one on top of the other and being between warm blankets.

I heard a few shuffling noises coming from the other tent and a grimace of annoyance crossed my features. I hate it when I want to sleep but incoming sounds from outside disturbed my peace. A groan came past my lips when I heard the throaty laugh of Louis, wondering how the fuck this man is even in the mood to laugh the moment he woke up. I can't even think straight when I'm awake and as tired as I am now. My cold feet annoyed me to the point I started rubbing them together, trying to create some warmth.

"Yeah, let's get going," I heard Louis say quite loudly, obviously not aware of how loud he was speaking.

"Wake the others up." I heard Harry order sharply, his figure standing in front of our tent before he unzipped it open, sticking his head inside and looking at me. "Babe, you gotta get up, actually." he chuckled, apologetically shrugging.

"What - we're leaving now?" I groaned, giving him a weird look. He literally told me not to get up about three minutes ago.

"Yeah, so we can have the rest of the day off once we find a good spot to camp. Come on, babe," his voice grew softer at the end, his jade eyes glistening.

I whined, squeezing my eyes. "Fuck." I grumbled, throwing the blanket off of me dramatically. He chuckled at my actions and walked away. I sat there for a second, staring around the tent at the stuff we had to gather up. Shit, I fucking hate having all these stuff carried on my back. Stretching my arms above my head, a few cracks were heard. I rubbed the back of my neck as I yawned, contemplating if I should indeed get up now or beg Harry for ten more minutes.