Chapter 70

Pick yourself up once more...

~•~ Chapter 70 ~•~

After showering and having lunch pasta with sauce - because we didn't have much in the refrigerator, we lied down in bed. The minute my head touched the pillow, I felt like I was weighing five times more. I was so exhausted, to the point my body was sinking in the mattress and my eyes were slowly getting heavier.

Harry beside me must have felt the same as he lied on his back, staring up at the ceiling with heavy, half open eyes. His wet hair was pushed to the back, his body dressed in a pair of black boxers, a black tee and grey socks. I was wearing one of his clean over sized hoodies with knee high socks, feeling completely comfortable.

"How are you feeling?" I mumbled sheepishly, my cheek pressed against the pillow as I was lying on my stomach.

"Different." he replied skeptically.

Silence for a few minutes. There was this sad aura dancing around for some reason and it seemed as if it couldn't shift at all. I glanced at the window, seeing that the sky had darkened. I sighed heavily into my pillow, wanting to sleep so bad but my body won't cooperate.

"Are you hurting?"

"Mentally." I mumbled honestly, shifting myself to my elbows, propping myself. His jade green eyes flicked to mine in understanding and concern. "It feels wrong that we're home... and they're..."

"Dead." he finished for me, his voice not giving anything away.

I nodded, a lump hurting my throat. He lifted his hand slightly, motioning me to get closer. I rolled towsrds him, loving the feeling of his strong arm around my body, pulling me closer to him. I leaned my head against his shoulder, my hand on his chest, his strong cologne overwhelming my senses. His warm lips touched my forehead, lingering there for a few seconds. I closed my eyes, enjoying the feeling.

"If there is anything you want to tell me, about... that incident," he cleared his throat, feeling uncomfortable bringing that subject up. "You know, like, if there is anything that bothers you, I'm here. Always."

My heart melted, my body tingling with sparks. How can I not love this man.

"I know, babe."

"I'm so glad we're back, baby." he whispered, soothingly rubbing my back. "So fucking glad."

A smile slowly formed on my lips, "Me too."

"Rest, love. It's time to rest." he kissed the top of my head and I closed my eyes, feeling secure and warm.

...

Loud knockings on the door woke us up the next day, me shufting to my elbow and staring at the door with narrowed eyes, Harry sitting up and rubbing his temples in irritation.  Despite being asleep for so many hours, I still felt heavy and tired.

“Who is it?” I whispered, looking over at Harry.

“Probably fucking Leo.” he grumbled, pushing the blanket to the side and getting off the bed.

The loud knockings continued, making me frown. Wow, someone's very impatient and angry to be knocking doors as if he wants to smash them. The doorbell kept ringing constantly, along with the knocks. Harry walked over the bed and headed to the door, giving me a wary look.

“Don't come downstairs.” he demanded shortly, as if we’re still on the raid, and exited the room, making me roll my eyes.

Yeah right.