Chapter 56

I wanna save you tonight...

~•~ Chapter 56 ~•~

Harry's POV

The ground was shaking as we ran past the trees, keeping our heads low so we wouldn't be noticed as we rounded around the cabin we found lost in the woods. After the first gunshot we heard, on our way here, we heard more and we knew, something was going on and somebody probably needed help.

I don't know how to feel about that, honestly, I'm lost in my own thoughts of hope and doubts. I pray to Lord that Claire is inside the cabin, fighting zombies in the most deathly way she could pull off. I know she can handle any situation better than any of us in the group, because she's a strong fighter and mostly, a survivor. She's been through so much without anyone by her side, it's really difficult to impossible not to admire her.

Running with my head ducked down, I held firmly my gun, watching closely at the cabin with dark shadows of trees passing through. Thomas behind me coughed for a moment, sending frustration all over me but I held my tongue. Loki in front of me was walking lightly against the ground, his paws almost hopping. Niall and Liam kept murmuring something in the back but I zoned out their voices until Niall  had enough.

“Ow Liam! Don't you see the fucking leaves?!” Niall hissed as Liam guided him but forgot to push away the branches from Niall’s side.

“I'm sorry I'm trying to catch up with their pace!” Liam defended himself.

“I've eaten at least 20 different leaves man - you could be more careful!”

Thomas behind me snorted and I bit my cheek to stop my anger speak for me. Loki suddenly whined in fear as loud thunderstorms echoed in the sky, making me come to an abrupt halt, Thomas bumping on me. Loki swiftly ran back to me, circling around my legs, ears down.

“What happened? Why did we stop?” Niall huffed.

“I don't know how to explain it.” Liam muttered honestly, staring up at the sky.

“What the fuck is this?” I asked, agape as I took in the sight.

With each thunder, black smoke erupted from the sky into small dots that flew towards the cabin. My entire body stiffened at the unbelievable sight of the smoke turning into a male figure on the front porch, walking slowly inside the cabin. Thomas beside me stumbled on his feet, bumping onto me again. I turned to give him a weird look, taking in his pale face.

“Are you okay?” I asked lowly, placing my hand on his shoulder.

“Did that...just turn into...a man?” he asked slowly, pointing at the cabin with a dizzy expression. “I think I might pass out.” he mumbled, placing his hand on his forehead.

I slapped the back of his head, catching him off guard. He jumped and looked at me with an odd look. “Get your shit together.” I grumbled, shaking my head in disapproval. Last thing I want is to carry an unconscious out Thomas.

“What?!” Niall shrieked once Liam described what we had just seen, widening his eyes. “Harry we shouldn't go in there! That's some supernatural shit we can't confront!” he hissed at me, throwing his hand in the air.

“No shit, Niall.” I said sarcastically before running a hand through my hair stressfully. I have to think of a good plan with the right strategy and safe terms. But how the fuck am I going to do that when I have no fucking clue what’s going on in there?