Good Wife

Bright's POV

"Morning," I mumble, rolling over and pulling Kammon up against my chest. Kissing his forehead, I pull back, frowning. Is he warm? I place my hand on my forehead and then on his. He is.

"Kammon, are you sick?" I ask worriedly.

"No," he answers, stretching his arms out as he yawns.

"But you are warm," I inform him. "I think you have a fever." I reach over, pulling his head close to mine, and rest my forehead against his. "You are warm."

"I told you I am not," Kammon grumps, "It is just from sleeping so close to you. That is all." He hops out of bed. "I am going to shower first, okay?" I nod as I watch him make his way to the bathroom.

Getting up, I pull out the food we bought last night and warm it up. Looking over at the bathroom, I frown. He said he wasn't sick, but I still think Kammon was hotter to the touch than he usually is. He would tell me if he was ill, right?

I flop down on my bed, waiting for Kammon to reappear. Rolling over, I spy his shirt that he wore yesterday crumpled on the floor. Shaking my head, I get up, picking it up. Did Kammon bring a change of clothes? I debate staring at his backpack. If his shirt is in there, it will need ironing. Unzipping, I smile when I see his shirt and pants.

Sitting down, I pull my small ironing board and iron out from under my bed. I hum as I wait for it to warm. Pressing Kammon's pants first, I smile, thinking about what the guys would say if they caught me doing this. I know what I would say if I found them. Laying the pants on the bed, I start on the shirt.

"What a good wife," Kammon says suddenly behind me, making me jump.

"Shit! Kammon!" I snap, "You scared the hell out of me! And the wife?" I glare up at him, "I am pretty sure you are the wife."

Kammon squats down next to me. "But you are the one ironing," he grins at me.

"Because my boyfriend crammed his clothes in a backpack," I say, standing up and hand him his finished shirt.

"Food is in the microwave," I tell him, kissing his cheek. "I am going to take my shower." Shaking my head, I go to the bathroom. I still think he is too warm.

After I shower, I walk out to find a note stuck to my jacket.

Early class, P'
❤️Kam❤️

I frown at the note. Now, this is a lie. I made it a point to learn Kammon's schedule. He doesn't have an early class today. Pulling out my phone, I start to message him but stop. Maybe he had to meet up for a class before they started. Shit! I don't want to be that type of boyfriend. He says he has an early class, so I am sure he is meeting up for class. I will look for him at lunch and check on him.

"Earth to Bright?" Tutah laughs, waving his hand in front of my face

"Earth to Bright?" Tutah laughs, waving his hand in front of my face. "What is wrong with you today?"

"Do you know where the nongs are?" I ask, standing up, realizing the class is over. "Do you?" I add, shoving my things into my bag.