From The Start

Aim's POV

"You know someone is looking for you," I tell Kammon. "Why are you hiding under the bleachers?"

"How did you find me?" Kammon questions, not looking at me.

"The app," I shrug. "So, are you going to tell me why you are hiding?"

I had noticed P'Bright fiddling with his phone at lunch, and Maprang had told me Kammon had gone quiet with her and the girls. I know everyone was a little shocked with Kammon's little display, but honestly, I wasn't bothered that much, although I am still trying to get that shirt back to white.

"I don't know, maybe because the other day I made a..." Kammon trails off as he tugs on his hair.

"A splash?" I offer.

"Funny. Har. Har." Kammon huffs. I sit down next to him. "And that is not why I bought the coffees."

"You didn't?" I am confused, "Then why else did you buy them?"

"It was a peace offering," Kammon sighs, "I bought it to get you to make up with P'Bright."

"You thought that dumping coffee on me was a peace offering?" I question. Kammon's reasoning seems to be off.

"No," Kammon says, "I bought it to give to you."

"Then how come I ended up wearing it, and how did you know P'Bright bought me four coffees? Did he tell you?" I look at Kammon, waiting for the explanation.

"Yes, he told me," Kammon begins to explain, "P'Bright came to my dorm all depressed about you and him fighting. I thought if I told how bad P'Bright felt, you would forgive him. On the way to campus, I bought coffee for you as a peace offering."

"But you bought four," I point out, "And you dumped them all over me."

"I bought the others for the girls," Kammon mutters, "But when I walked up, I saw you joking and laughing with your friends," Kammon growls. "I thought of how P'Bright was back in my dorm under my duvet because he was torn up about you being mad at him. So when I saw you laughing, I snapped. You were happy, and P'Bright was sad. It made me mad."

"Snapped, huh?" I cover my mouth to hide my smile. I was happy. P'Bright was sad, and Kammon got mad. The logic is there, and snapped would be putting it mildly.

"I can't seem to find my place," Kammon mumbles, "I feel like I transferred into a class, and all of you have been friends since kinder. There is no room for me."

"But you have a place," I tell him. "And there is room.

"Where?" Kammon sniffs.

"Next to P'Bright, moron," I bump his shoulder.

"Isn't that your place?" Kammon grumbles.

"I think my spot is more behind him," I surmise, "Isn't that where a minion usually is?"

"I'm a mess," Kammon sighs.

"Yes, you are," I agree. "Kammon, none of us hate you. Not even me, after your coffee beauty treatment."

"You should," Kammon snorts. "Can you explain the box of chocolates? And why P'Bright thinks there should be two." He looks over at me, resting his head on his knees. "Everyone seemed to see it as a joke."

I am starting to see how Kammon is still feeling like the odd man out. He is right. Everyone there that night knew the significance of the chocolates and why P'Bright thought there should be two. It is things like this that make Kammon feel like an outsider.

"Well, you see," I smile, "Your crazy boyfriend once demanded that I buy him two boxes of chocolates for the senior thank you party. It was something he reminded me of quite often before the party." I remember the first time I bought P'Bright chocolate. The first time was out of fear. The next time it was not. "Then, when we were assigned a senior because of all the craziness that was going on with P'Dean, I sort of ignored him and pissed him off."