Karma

P'Dear's POV

"How was the meeting?" Win asks me when I join him on the couch. I look at him. "That good, huh. What's the matter?"

"The nongs are hiding something," I sigh, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Hiding something?" Win asks as he pats my head. "Are you sure?" I nod against his shoulder.

"They were weird at the meeting," I grumble. "I can't put my finger on it, but something is off."

"Will you not be ready in time for the festival?" Win questions turning me, so my head is in his lap. He pulls out my hairband and runs his fingers through my hair.

"Yeah, everything for that is on schedule," I explain, "We even had to add extra booths. We should do well."

"Then what is the problem?" Win laughs, "Sounds like you will win the festival this year if you had to add booths. You also have both the Campus Moon and Star. The lines for those two will be blocks long."

"I know," I mumble as I snuggle against him, wrapping my arm around his waist.

"Dear, is this about the nongs or about this being your last year?" Win asks, stroking my hair.

"Both," I sigh, "It went by so fast." I adjust my position so I can look at him.

"You know, just because you graduate, it doesn't mean you can't go back," Win grins at me, "Do you want to do graduate courses before you go to work?"

"Are you?" I ask as I reach up and push the hair from his eyes.

"The place I am interning has offered me a position," Win tells me, "I was going to surprise you with that, but I guess I will have to find another surprise for you."

"I thought you wanted to get your Master's," I frown. This is all news to me. Guess my nongs aren't the only one hiding things from me.

"This company will pay for it," Win says, "It is a good opportunity. It is a stable company, and it is hard to get offered a position. The fact they asked me to continue working for them is amazing. When I told them I wanted to continue my education, they offered to pay. It is even in the contract."

I have been watching him as he explains this to me. He is excited about this. I know I should be too, but I am in a pissy mood.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I pout. "Even you are hiding things from me." I go to get up only to have him haul me back down to his lap.

"It was to be part of your Valentine's Day surprise, idiot," Win laughs. "I am not hiding things from you. I was just... hmmm... strategically planning the time to tell you."

"Whatever," I snort. "Let me up. I want to shower."

"Want me to join you?" Win asks with a grin.

"No," I say, stomping off to take my shower.