Always Hold My Heart

Kongpop's POV

I had to leave the canteen. Seeing the degree to which P'Arthit was avoiding me was becoming painful. I wanted to go to P'Arthit and demand my gear back, but I knew that even if I got my gear back, P'Arthit would always hold my heart, and that is what was slowly killing me.

"Ai'Kong! Ai'Kong! Shit, Kong, will you fvcking stop already?" Wad demands as he grabs hold of my backpack, making me stop. "Are you okay?"

I can only snort and shake my head. I haven't gotten control of my emotions enough to turn around and face Wad.

"I am happy for you, Ai'Wad. It seems like things are going well with you and P'Prem," I tell him.

As sincerely as I meant those words, they ring hollow to me. Why can't I be happy? Why has my life turned into a living hell? Maybe I should transfer to Economics next year regardless of what my family wants. I would be away from P'Arthit, at least.

"Good try, Ai'Kong. I almost believed you," Wad says, grabbing my shoulder forcing me to turn around. "Shit, Ai'Kong. Let's go to my dorm. We need to talk."

I follow Wad to his dorm. If I went back to mine, I would just be torturing myself by staring at his room from my window.

I have never been to Wad's dorm, but even so, I can tell that some of the things in the room are P'Prem's. OK, maybe I shouldn't have come if all I am going to see is what I can't have.

"Ai'Wad, I think I should go to the library and finish my assignment," I mumble, turning to leave only to be stopped by Wad.

"Look, you refused to let me be alone. So guess what? I refuse to let you be alone." Wad informs me and takes my backpack, and tosses it in a corner. "Sit. It looks like you need to talk."

"There is nothing to talk about. It is the same," I shrug. "I mean, really, what more can I say? He hates me. He can't even treat me like a nong anymore."

"Do you want a smoke?" Wad asks, holding out his pack of cigarettes to me.

I look at the cigarettes and remember the night P'Arthit told me my parents didn't send me to school to ruin my lungs. That was the last night we talked. Even though P'Arthit's actions hurt, I still refuse the offered cigarettes.

"I gave up smoking," I sigh.

"When?" Wad asks, stepping out on the balcony to light up.

"When P'Arthit told me to," I say, joining Wad on the balcony. "It was the last night we actually talked. He had a burst pipe in his dorm and couldn't find any of his friends to stay with, so I offered my room. I thought everything went well that night, but the next day he began to ignore me."

"Sorry, I don't have any words of wisdom, Ai'Kong," Wad places his hand on my shoulder. "But I will always listen."

"You know, if someone had told me I would be spilling my guts to you at the beginning of the year, I would have thought they were crazy," I say teasingly.

"I would have found it crazier. I planned to go through college unnoticed." Wad laughs. "I sure screwed that up."

"It is not like I planned to court the Head Hazer," I smirk as I walk back inside. "I sure as hell screwed that up.

"What are you going to do?" Wad questions, putting out his cigarette and coming back in before closing the balcony door.

"I don't really know. Maybe change faculties," I say as I sit back down and put my head in my hands. "Would it even help to change faculties? Someone would still have my heart."

"I would hate for you to do that, Ai'Kong," Wad admits taking the other chair. "I have gotten used to having you around."

I pick up a red hazer shirt off the floor and hold it up. "Seems like I am not the only one you have gotten used to having around," I say, wiggling my eyebrows.

"Shut it, Ai'Kong." Wad blushes as he grabs the shirt and placed it in the hamper in his closet. 

703 3-14-19
703 12-7-19 
Edited by Anon123mous