Friend I Needed

Arthit's POV

"Kong," I nudge my boyfriend to get his attention, "Did something happen we should know about?" I ask, glancing across the table at N'Wad and N'Tew. Right now, Prem and Knott are glaring at each other. In contrast, their nongs are chatting and laughing. "When did that happen?"

"During Mech," Kong smiles, leaning in to whisper in my ear, "Ai'Wad said he needed to talk to Ai'Tew. When they came back to the next class, they looked like that." I gasp when I feel Kong lick my ear. I pinch his thigh and give it a twist for good measure, making him hiss.

"We are in the canteen," I growl, "Do it again, and I will ban you for a week."

"Aw, P'," Kong pouts. "That is going to leave a bruise."

"Good," I mutter, "Maybe that will remind you where you can do those things."

"Oh," Kong smirks at me, raising an eyebrow, "And where could that place be?"

"Can you two stop eye-fvcking each other and answer the question," Tutah demands.

"W-What?′ W-We are not!" I sputter. I can feel my face flush.

"What was the question, P'Tutah?" Kong asks, trying not to laugh. He pulls a thermos from his bag handing it to me. Taking it from him, I hide my smile.

"You are still in trouble," I grouse, taking a sip.

"I know," Kong smiles, "You can punish me later."

"I told you two to stop. Tell me what happened?" Tutah asks, jerking his chin at N'Wad and N'Tew.

"None of us know," Kong shrugs, "And neither of them are talking."

"Ok," P'Tutah frowns, "Then what about those two?"

I turn and look at who Tutah is pointing at and grin as N'Oak holds out a drink for N'Maprang to take a sip from as she points to something on her plate. I gape when N'Oak puts down the drink and quickly picks up the piece of food and holds it out for N'Maprang to take a bite.

"When did he become her slave?" I blurt.

"Wasn't he always?" N'Jett grins, "Today, Ai'Oak skipped Mech and won't tell Maprang why. So this is his punishment. She thinks it will make him spill."

"Will it?" Tutah asks, watching the two.

"Nope," Kong answers, laughing, "Even if this kills him, he won't tell her." N'Jett and Kong exchange a look. It seems like these two know what it is N'Oak was doing.

"Can we know?" I ask and pull out my secret weapon as I puff out my bottom lip and blink at Kong. Part of me wants to hop around the table, shouting 'Yes!' when I succeed in making Kong speechless.

"Umm," Kong hums, looking at my lips, "Umm..."

"That wasn't fair," Tutah laughs, "You fried his brain." He looks at his watch. "Come on, Ai'Arthit. We have class." Tutah leans over and kisses N'Jett's cheek, "Tell me later, Jett, and you better not skip labs."

"Like you were fair," I chuckle at Tutah, "Look at your boyfriend. I don't think he has blinked."

"Ai'Bright, grab Ai'Knott," Tutah says, making Bright look up from his phone, nodding, "I will grab Ai'Prem."

I laugh when my friends haul up the other two from their seats as I pick up their backpacks.

"You do remember you two are friends, right?" I knock Prem in the back of his knee.

"Did you see my boyfriend?" Prem growls at me, taking his backpack.

"Did you see mine?" Knott snaps. "Did N'Wad tell you anything, Ai'Prem?"