Day Of Reckoning

Prem's POV

Bright drops his tray on the table before he shoves N'Oak over and sits.

"What crawled up your ass?" Tutah asks, looking at Bright.

"You know how I said the Kissing Booth was a great idea," Bright says before he takes a bite.

"Yeah," I answer, wondering where this leading, "You and N'Oak were the only two all gung ho about it."

"Did it not live up to your expectations?" Arthit asks, grinning.

"Aww, P'," N'Oak whines, "Don't tell me it is going to suck. I have to be there tomorrow."

"It was an effing nightmare," Bright groans as he shoves his plate away and bangs his head on the table.

"It wasn't that bad," Knott shrugs, "N'Tew is there now."

"I know," Arthit puts in, "He relieved Kongpop. For some reason, Kongpop is going back to the dorm to shower."

"Shower?" I ask, "Why does he need a shower?"

"He told me 'Don't Ask.'," Arthit shrugs. I wonder what happened.

I look at Knott and mouth, "Ask N'Tew." Knott nods his head.

"What's wrong with P'Bright," Wad asks as he sits down beside me. All of us give him a shrug.

"I know I am going to regret this," I look at Bright, who still has his head on the table. "Why was it a nightmare?"

"Yes, you are going to regret asking that," N'Aim says, placing a drink in front P'Bright. What in the hell happened at the booth? They scheduled N'Aim and Bright together. Should I ask N'Aim since Bright hasn't answered me?

"Do you think I can get them to pull me from the schedule?" Bright mumbles to the table. N'Aim is looking at him, concerned. Ok. What happened!?!

"Is it really that bad?" N'Oak asks with a look of panic.

"It won't be bad for you, Ai'Oak," N'Aim tells his friend. "It just sucked for P'Bright."

"Oh, good," N'Oak replies, "For a moment there, I was thinking of calling in sick tomorrow."

"Can we do that?" Bright asks, sitting up looking at us. "Do you think they would let me off if I said I was sick?"

"What happened?" Tutah questions, "Are you going to tell us or not?"

"Let's just say I have seen the errors of my ways," Bright groans, laying his head back down on the table.

"I don't know what is scarier," Knott looks at me, "Him being morose or him being philosophical. Neither of them suits him."

"I know right," Wad hums in between bites.

"Nong," I ask, looking at N'Aim, "What happened?" N'Aim looks at Bright before he looks at me.

"It was like a parade of ex-girlfriends," N'Aim mutters. "It was not a pretty sight."

"Ohhhh," All of us gasp in understanding.

"Ohhhh?" Bright sits up, glaring, "Is that all you can say? Oh?"

"What do you want us to say?" Tutah shrugs, "Even you knew there would be a day of reckoning." Tutah pauses and looks at Bright, "Although I think that having you sitting in a booth for all of them to come at you one at a time is not something they ever dreamed of being able to do."

"P'Bright served on a silver platter," Wad says, nodding. "It probably was a dream come true."

"Do you want to die?" Bright hisses.