Not What I Expected

Kongpop's POV

I look at my watch and smile. Ten more minutes, and I will only have to kiss who I want to kiss. P'Arthit. It has been the worst and, at the same time, the best week ever. Last night being the highlight. The next person walks up to my booth, and I freeze. I have been here before, and that time I walked away from it a pink sticky mess.

"P'Namtam," I greet, "I don't think you are here for a kiss."

"I'm not," P'Namtam agrees, "When you are finished, can we talk?"

I had promised to meet P'Arthit right after, but I want to know why P'Namtam wants to talk with me suddenly. "I have less than ten minutes. I will meet you at the cafe next to the university."

"Thank you," P'Namtam nods before she walks away.

I don't know how to take this. The last time I saw P'Namtam, I was watching my boyfriend pour pink milk all over her after he tossed another drink in her boyfriend's face. So I doubt we could be considered to be on good terms.

I am walking into the cafe, and I see P'Namtam sitting at a table

I am walking into the cafe, and I see P'Namtam sitting at a table. She is shredding a napkin and looking out the window. Why is she nervous?

"I am sorry I have kept you waiting, P'Namtam," I say as I pull out a chair. "What did you want to talk about? I doubt you asked me here to have a coffee."

"You are quite direct," P'Namtam states, "Not at all like me or anyone I thought Oon... I mean, Arthit would date. Sorry."

"If you don't tell it clearly to him..." I struggle for the words, "Let's just say it is better to get to the point with him." Not exactly what I wanted to say, but close enough.

"Who chased who? If you don't mind me asking," P'Namtam questions.

"I did in the beginning," I explain, "But when I backed off, P'Arthit chased after me."

"Arthit chased after you," P'Namtam says quietly, "Well, I guess that answers the question I wanted to be answered."

"And what was that question?" I ask.

"Arthit might have had a crush on me," P'Namtam starts, and her words rub me the wrong way, "But it was never love." I look at her. "If it were love, he would have chased after me, and that never happened. In a way, I envy you."

"Envy me?" I am confused. This is not what I expected from her when she asked to talk with me.

"You made Arthit make a move," P'Namtam smiles, "Even when I came to him after I fought with Jay and all the times I ran to him when Jay and I broke up. He never once tried to date me."

She is right. If P'Arthit had been in love with P'Namtam, wouldn't he have done something those times? My Sun did chase after me. I was wrong to be jealous of this person. P'Arthit was mine all along.

"I am sorry about the other day," I apologize.

"What is with you two?" P'Namtam frowns. "Both of you have a way of shaming people. I am the one who is sorry, and I hope one day we can all be friends. Arthit was right. Jay and I were selfish. We always believed Arthit would be there forever, but even the most loyal friend can get tired of people who don't appreciate them."