Enough Questions

Arthit's POV

"P'Arthit, explain to me why I am here?" Maprang grouses as she helps me carry a table.

"Everyone else is busy with setting up their own surprises," I explain. "Why are you griping? You girls were the ones that made this so complicated."

"Face it, P'," Maprang smirks, "You would have ended up in some stall, and what? Given him a card?"

"I hate you, and he likes sappy shit like cards," I grumble, "I think here is fine. Will you help me haul up the other stuff? I stashed it in a closet."

"What if I say no?" Maprang questions as I glare at her, "Fine. Fine. How does Kong put up with your death threats."

"When did I threaten to kill you?" I glare at her. She just shakes her head laughing.

"Nevermind," Maprang laughs, "Let's go get the rest of the stuff and get it all set up. You only have when Kong is in the booth, right?"

"Yeah," I reply, "I have had to hide stuff everywhere. He almost found some of it this week. He is a little pissed at me since I banned him from my dorm for the past two days."

"You banned him?" Maprang stops and looks at me.

"That is enough questions. You have to be in the booth soon," I deflect. Why did I tell her that? Who knows how she will take that?

Prem's POV

Walking into the photography shop, I am excited to pick up the prints I have ordered. Prae handed me the bag of stuff I had asked her to pick up for me yesterday. All I need to do now is to figure out how to escape from Wad long enough to set everything up.

"Here are your prints," the lady behind the counter breaks me out of my thoughts, "It seems like you had a favorite subject." I flinch. I didn't think they would pay much attention to what they printed out.

"Yeah," I mutter, "It was for a project."

"They came out very well," the lady smiles at me. Ok. It is beginning to creep me out.

"I need to go," I smile, taking the envelope of prints from her. "I have an appointment later."

"Good luck," she calls after me. Huh? Good luck? I don't look back and just make a mental note to use another shop next time, possibly.

My phone rings in my pocket, and I smile to see my mom is calling me. "Hello, mom," I say as I try to hail a taxi, "Is something wrong? Sorry, mom. I didn't mean that. My dorm? Now? Why didn't you tell me you were coming? I will be there in fifteen. See if ..." I stop. I am trying to think about how Wad and I left the dorm this morning. Damn it. I can't remember!! "I will be there soon." I hang up. Should I call Wad and ask him? No. He would panic.

I took a bike instead of a taxi to get to the dorm. It was quicker. Walking up to my dorm, I see my mom sitting on a bench with a pile of things next to her.

"Hi, Mom," I walk over and kiss her cheek before I join her on the bench, "Why the surprise visit?"

"What do you have planned?" She turns to me, grinning.

"Planned?" I ask, confused, "Like my plans for the day? Do you want to go somewhere? Why did you come on a weekday? Does dad know you are here?" I don't ask why today of all days but I really want to.

"Enough questions already, and no, you idiot," my mom huffs, "For Valentine's Day! What are you doing for N'Wad?"

"You came all the way here for that?" I question, beginning to get concerned and start to look at the stuff sitting beside her.