A Thousand Miles {Danny Amendola}

If I could fall into the sky

Do you think time would pass me by?

'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles

If I could just see you

Tonight

A Thousand Miles- Vanessa Carlton

I stared out the window as the rain lured down. The current weather matched my mood perfectly at the moment. Today is Danny and mine's three year anniversary and we, unfortunately, couldn't be together. Every other year we find a way to make it work, but he was in Detroit and I have been staying in Boston because of my job.

Usually, the distance doesn't bother me, but knowing I am alone on the day that I became committed to the love of my life dampens my mood. I ate my ice cream and looked at my phone as I heard Danny showering in the background of our FaceTime. He called me first thing in the morning and still hasn't hung up, so now I have to wait for him until he gets out of the shower.

He eventually moved in front of the camera with a towel wrapped around his waist and I groaned.

"What's wrong mamas?" He looked at the phone concerned.

"Why do you have to tease me? You look so good," I complained while throwing my head back. (I'm not sure if any of y'all are in a relationship, but when my man FaceTimes me after a shower, I'm like ugh come over 😩😍)

He laughed and apologized quickly for "teasing me.

"I'm really sorry that I couldn't come, Janelle."

"It's okay. There's nothing that you could do about it," I sighed as I felt tears fill my eyes. "I just miss you and I wish that I could be hugging and kissing you right now."

"I wish I could be hugging you too, baby, but I'll see you soon. I promise."

"I know, Danny. Are you going to practice right now?"

"Yeah, I gotta go. I'll call you right after, okay? We can watch love is blind," he said, trying to make me feel better which it did.

"Okay, baby. I'll talk to you in a few!"

We hung up and I sighed before throwing myself backward on the bed. I was laying there with my eyes closed for a while before my phone got a notification.

Cash App: Danny sent you $1500 for you to treat yourself :)

I smiled to myself and sent a quick thank you message before getting ready for the day so I could shop and spend his money.

I was out for about 4 hours before I decided to just go home and relax so I could talk to Danny again. I opened the door and set down my stuff. I was about to turn on my lights before I saw candles and rose petals leading up the stairs.

There was no way that Danny could be here. He has practice today. "Danny?" I didn't get a response and stayed put by the front door.

"Danny? Are you here? Tell me or else I'm going to call the cops!" A couple of minutes passed before Danny walked down the stairs.

"Damn, you can't ever let me do something nice for you!" He said while chuckling.

"I've seen too many criminal minds to just follow a trail of rose petals, Danny."

"I know, baby."

We stared at each other before I took in the fact that he was actually here.

"Hi," I whispered.

"Hi, Janelle," he whispered back.

"You're here," I said walking closer.

"Did you really think I would miss our anniversary?"

I eventually got to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. I kissed him and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I missed you."

"I missed you more. Happy anniversary."

"Happy anniversary."

"I would walk to you if I had to, no matter the distance."

THANK YOU FOR READING! I HOPE EVERYONE IS SAFE AND SELF ISOLATING IF THEY CAN! I'LL TRY TO UPDATE ALL WEEK AND THE BOOK WILL BE FINISHED SOON. : ( I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED! FOLLOW, COMMENT, VOTE, OR WHATEVER! < 3