Love Lies {Casey Keenum}

Sorry if it's hard to catch my vibe, mmm

I need a lover to trust, tell me you're on my side

Are you down for the ride?

It's not easy for someone to catch my eye

But I've been waitin' for you for my whole damn life

For my whole lifetime

Love Lies- Khalid & Normani

I stood on the sideline with the rest of the Vikings Cheerleaders and the end of the game neared. Not just any game, though. Superbowl 52 against the New England Patriots. Currently, the score is 35-33. And New England was currently on top. We had the ball with 1:52 left and were on the other side of the field completely in front of the end zone. I tried to keep a smile on my face as my heart was racing faster than the clock.

Casey Keenum threw the ball to Stephen Diggs, who ran it halfway up the field before being forced out of bounds. The clock continued to get lower. And lower. And lower. Eventually, we were right at the end zone, but it seemed as if nothing was working.

They couldn't throw it in. The couldn't run it in. They couldn't do anything and it was 4th down. We had just taken a timeout and I was getting more nervous. I made eye contact with Casey and I gave him a sly smile. He winked at me and bit his lip. I rolled my eyes. Only Casey would be focused on his girlfriend when he should be focused on the game. I watched intensely and noticed how the stadium quieted down as the Vikings took their last chance to win the SuperBowl.

Next thing I know Stephen has the ball and he is running backward and my eyes widen as Dont'a Hightower approached him. Then Diggs is throwing the ball to Casey and he catches it. And he scores!

The girls and I start cheering louder as we looked at the scoreboard. 39-35 with 0.00 seconds left. We all ran out onto the field and celebrated with our team and family members. I ran all across the field looking for Casey and became a little discouraged when I couldn't find him. The US Bank Stadium was filled with thousands of people, of course, I couldn't find him.

I rushed over to my team so we could do the victory dance that we had prepared for a moment like this. I was dancing when I saw to the left of me, Casey was joining in on our dancing as well as some other players. I quickly finish and got a group picture with the girls. I fucking lost Casey again. I kept looking everywhere and he was huddled in a circle with some other players. I was making my way over there and caught some of their conversations.

"But what if she says no?"

"What if it fails?"

"What if she runs away?"

"What if she breaks up with him?"

I became worried as I heard them talking. Whoever the conversation was about has a lot to worry about. They then get called to the stage to receive the Lombardi trophy and I realize I just have to wait for it all to be over to be with my man. They all kiss the trophy and I feel my heart racing with pride as I watch them all cry with happiness. I felt someone come behind me and saw Teddy Bridgewater.

"Here you go, Vanessa," he hands some sticky notes over to me.

I read them one by one and followed each order that it gave me. I went all over the field and meet with different people and even had to get on the ground to find a new sticky note that he left.

Go to the North field goal post.

I walked over there and suddenly the only people in this stadium is Casey and I. I see him down on one knee and tears spilled out of my eyes. I walked over to him and put my hands on his shoulders. He lightly pushes me away and grabs my hand.

"Vanessa..."

"YES! YES!" I scream and hear a laugh from around us, but don't even realize anyone else.

"I love you and I can't wait to marry you, Vanessa," he slipped the ring on my finger and picked me up.

I laughed and gave him a big kiss on the lips as I heard applause around us.

"WE'RE WINNERS, BABY!"

THANKS FOR READING MY DUDES! I HOPE YOU MEGA ENJOYED THAT! LOVE YOU ALL AND HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C DAY! xxALLY Bxx