When We Were Young {Derek Carr}

X Slight Trigger Warning X

You still look like a movie

You still sound like a song

My God, this reminds me

Of when we were young

When we were young- Adele 

I would have never thought that my life would have ended up like this. I have known Derek since High School. We were really good friends. Then he got interested in the football and became the school's QB. And I wanted to join the navy. That's when we started to drift apart. Then he went to Fresno State for college. And I did join the navy, but a year later decided to go the LFL, Legends football league. That's when we lost all of our contact. I played in the LFL for awhile, before I decided that I would finally join the WWE to become a diva. 

The reason I quit the LFL is because I had a bad eating disorder, anorexia nervosa. I decided to quit because I knew that with my body at a weak state it would cause more harm. The WWE would have also caused harm, but I got better for myself. I didn't walk near a scale for weeks. I didn't put caution into everything I ate. I ate larger portions slowly, but surely. There was so much that I did for myself, and I'm proud. 

Along the way, I ran into Derek again. Four years later, I ran into him after a match because his three-year-old son, Dallas, wanted to meet John Cena, and he asked me for the directions. We talked and I totally fell for him. And he fell for me also because we have almost been together for almost a year. 

But I did it all over again. I did what I promised myself not to do. I got back into my eating disorder. I'm the divas champion, so people expect so much out of me. My bosses have been giving me a hard time about my weight, so I fell into the thing I thought I had given up. 

The weight loss was noticeable if people actually took the time to watch how my body changed under all my baggy shirts. I think Derek has noticed, but I can't let myself put the pressure on him. He has a three-year-old and a football career to pursue. 

It's not only the weight loss, though. I'm always tired and I'm weak. I am always cold. I eat in smaller portions. I don't want to do this, but it's my type of drug. It helps me cope. 

"Baby, do you want to go to (Your favorite restaurant name) after I drop off Dallas?" I smiled at his question. But I couldn't. Shaking my head no, I went off the bedroom to find a change of clothes. 

"I know. Cami, I know. I- You can't keep doing this to yourself. I love you. Dallas loves you. There are so many people who love you. You are beautiful inside and out. You are smart. You are strong. I'm so proud of you and I always will be. You need to eat more. You are risking a lot by not eating. I know it's hard, but you'll get through it. You always get through it. Let me help you." He pleaded, wrapping his arms around my waist. Tears are already leaking from my eyes. 

"It's not that simple," I said trying to pull away from his grip. 

"I know it's not. That's why you have me." I sighed and agreed to work to get better. We dropped of Dallas at his mom's house. Derek drove me to my favorite restaurant, and made me take a deep breathe with him before we walked in. 

I didn't want to get anything. The food made me want to be sick. But Derek ordered for me. He told me that it was part of his tag team plan. 

The food arrived and I just stared at it. I looked up to see Derek was not eating either. I was about to question it when he started talking. 

"If you're not eating. Neither am I," He walked to sit next to me. "But we're both so strong. And I know it will be a bit of a struggle, but, darling, you are always worth the struggle."  

We sat next to each other. Eating piece by piece. It may have taken almost two hours, but it was worth it. We were worth it. We sat at the table, and I looked at my stomach deciding whether I had made the right choice or not. I felt myself being pushed up against Derek and looked up to see him staring at me. 

"You're still oh so, beautiful."

You definitely made the right choice.

Thank you for requesting! I hope this is what you wanted! And I hope you enjoy.