5.6 girl meets virna's lies

Start from the beginning

"She seems like a textbook narcissist." Smackle called as she read her book in Amzie's chair.

"Yeah, she is."

"Are you okay?" Maya asked as she glanced at her best friend.

"Am I ever okay? Why the hell is she back?" Amzie asked as she looked out the window.

"What are you doing here? How'd you even get past the front desk? Never mind." Shawn said after he remembered who worked downstairs.

"You sure made yourself comfortable." Amzie said as she looked at her mother, who was sitting on Luke's couch.

"Yes."

"What are you doing here?" Amzie asked with a shake of her head.

"Well, I realized that you and your brother are graduating this year, so I thought it would be nice if I took your brother on a monthlong vacation to my many homes in Europe." Virna said after she stood up.

"What the f—?"

"I arrived." Virna said after she walked into the penthouse.

"Fun. Alexis Carrington's here. Who are those people?" Amzie asked after she, Shawn, Katy, and Luke stood up.

"This is Mickey, my driver, and Douglas, my attorney. He's here to discuss custody of Lucas for our trip." Virna said as Amzie rolled her eyes.

"—attorney? I haven't even said he could go." Shawn said.

"I don't want him to just go. I'm seeking permanent custody of him and Amzie." Virna said before Luke took Amzie upstairs.

"I'll file a restraining order against you before I let you take either one of them." Shawn said as he looked at her.

"Shawn, don't be like that." Virna said before Shawn walked away.

"Surely you can understand why he's upset." Katy said with a chuckle.

"I take everything he does with a bucket of salt. We have a tempestuous dynamic." Virna said with a shrug.

"Shawnie may be taking the legal approach, but if I can find some real leverage, we can get rid of her sooner. When was the last time Virna saw my brothers or me for that matter? Was it the day we made up?" Amzie asked as she looked at Luke.

"So what are you thinking?"

"Just where she's been, who she's been with. Can you find someone to get some dirt on her?" Amzie asked as she walked over to him.

"I got some people in mind." Luke said with a nod.

"Good. I'll take whatever you can find." Amzie said before she pulled her hair up.

"Not that I don't enjoy helping in your schemes, but why don't you do it?" Luke asked before Amzie glanced at him.

"Shawn doesn't want me getting any closer. He thinks I'll get emotional. If I can't get her out of here, you can. So whatever it takes." Amzie said before she looked at her nails.

"Are you sure that's what you want, doll?" Luke asked before she looked at him.

"Well, I don't say things I don't mean unless it's sorry. Let me know what you find." Amzie said before she kissed him and left.

"Does no one else think it's suspicious that she just shows up after all these years?" Amzie asked as the group sat in the bakery.

"Every time she visits, you think it's suspicious." Lucas said, earning a nod from his friends.