"I need to do this, GOD told me too." I say quietly. I couldn't ignore his assignment just because they are not comfortable with it.

My Dad sighs. "Are you sure?"

"Yes." I say determinedly.

My parents exchange glances, and I just wait for whoever is going to speak next.

"Alright we'll discuss it more later, come eat breakfast before you go to school." My mom says.

"I'm not hungry." I say. It was unusual, but the truth. I just wasn't hungry this morning. "I'm going to wait for my ride on the porch, love you all." I say, giving them hugs, and kissing the twins.

I really need to be by myself, I have a feeling today was not going to be great. Nether the less it is still the LORD's day, and I thank him for it.

When I get to school, I speak with Cory and Grace.

"Christen you look tired." Cory says concerned.

"Yeah you do." Grace agrees, unraveling herself from Cory, and examining me closer.

"Did you even brush your hair this morning sweetie?" She asks, holding up my slightly matted hair.

"And that headband does not match your outfit." Cory says.

I sigh, it felt like I was being attacked by the fashion police.

"It's just one of those days guys." I say vaguely. I wasn't in the mood to get up this morning, yet alone do my hair.

"I know the feeling." Grace says understandingly.

At least someone understands.

Cory's face quickly turns to excitement. "Do you guys want to go to the batting cages this weekend?"

I'm for it, but before I could respond Grace interjects. "No Cor, we've been like four times this month. I'm tired of doing the same thing. Every time we go it's the same as the time before, you even wear the same shirt."

I put a hand on my mouth to cover my amusement.

Cory scowls at Grace. "It's my batting shirt! And it's comfy." He mumbles to himself.

Grace just rolls her eyes. "Just because it has Batman on it, doesn't make it a batting shirt."

"Fine what do you want to do?" Cory asks reluctantly.

Grace's eyes light up. "You mean you actually care what I want to do for once?"

Because Cory and I have been friends for so long I can tell he really wants to say no, but he decides other wise. "Yeah." He mumbles.

Grace gives an excited squeal and looks to me. "What do you want to do Christen?"

I give it careful thought. "Hmmm, that time we went go-carting was pretty fun."

"Oh yeah! We were beasts on the track!" Grace says. She is a shy person, especially if she isn't comfortable with you, but when she gets on the go-carting track it's a whole different story.

"You actually picked something I like." Cory says approvingly. "Alright so I'll pick you two up at 4:00 tomorrow."

I smile. "Sounds like a deal.

"What about the rest of the squad?" Grace asks.

"Yeah I'll invite them too." Cory says, happy with his plans.

An idea comes to mind. "Would you guys be cool with me inviting my friends Richard and Jamal?" I haven't hung out with them in awhile and we needed to catch up.