77. How Teachable are You?

If you have ever spent time with a very young child, you would notice their eagerness to learn. Babies have so much to learn about the world and are like a sponge when it comes to absorbing new information. They love it when you read them a story, then want you to read it again and again! It's the same with playing peek-a-boo —they are happy to repeat the experience over and over! While it appears they are just playing, they are in fact constantly learning about the environment and people around them as well as their own body. They are teachable!

How teachable are you? Are your eyes, ears and heart open to being a lifelong student in the Word of God? Do you seek to read the Bible over and over again? Are you sensitive to the promptings of the Holy Spirit who just wants to lead you and guide you in the higher ways of living? Can you look back and see how far you have come since becoming a Christian?

Sometimes we go through difficulties or afflictions of many kinds, when our prayers don't seem to be getting answered or we have health issues that linger.  As we continue to trust in God's plan for our lives, He gently guides us onto paths of peace and healing. Knowledge and good judgement come as our teachable hearts press into the Word and desire to obey our Lord!

Living the way God always intended us to live, allows our bodies to be in the best place for health and vitality! God's Word has much to say about dealing with anxiety, taking time to rest and doing things in moderation. When we ask God for healing, we can be sure that He hears us and we can walk on in faith, while being prepared to breathe in His Word to us daily.

"Do good to your servant
according to your word, Lord.
Teach me knowledge and good judgment,
for I trust your commands.
Before I was afflicted I went astray,
but now I obey your word.
You are good,
and what you do is good;
teach me your decrees.
Though the arrogant have smeared me with lies,
I keep your precepts with all my heart.
Their hearts are callous and unfeeling,
but I delight in your law.
It was good for me to be afflicted
so that I might learn your decrees.
The law from your mouth is more precious to me
than thousands of pieces of silver and gold."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭119:65-72‬ ‭NIV‬‬

How much do you really value the complete Word of God? Do you delight in it as the Psalmist does? Is God's Word precious to you? Let Him speak to You through it today and like a baby, continue going back to read it again. Each time, He will lovingly take you deeper!

"But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭3:14-17‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Pray:

Heavenly Father,

Thank You for Your Word which teaches, rebukes, corrects and trains me in righteousness. The more I read it, the more I love it! Your extravagant kindness to me, just makes me want to follow your words even more! Lord I want to have a teachable heart so I can make good decisions, be healthy and bring You glory. Continue to reveal Your light to me for I believe in all of Your commands.

Thank You for walking with me through various afflictions, both physical and emotional. You have taught me so much and continue to raise me higher! Thank You for Your amazing patience as You nurture me. I am so grateful for every revelation that You have allowed me to receive. I am ready and willing to learn more today!

Teach me the power of Your wonderful words —they are worth more than all the riches and wealth in the world!
‭‭
In Jesus' Name,
Amen