57. Marriage -the Beautiful Design

Last Sunday, we had the pleasure of having the Executive Ministry Director of our church's denomination preach to us. While being a leader over all the churches, does that make him the head of the church? No, there is only one head and that of course is Christ! He is the One we ultimately look to for direction, leadership and love. He serves and sacrificially satisfies all our needs, loving us so much that He was willing to die for us on the Cross, so we could be pure and holy! Our role is to be devoted and submit to Him in all we do.

How wonderful it is that Paul reminds us, that the marriage relationship, is to be like the relationship between Christ and the church! God's design is perfect, however, people are often very much led by the way their culture perceives the roles of husband and wife. Sadly, western society has led the push for equal roles in marriage, thinking that it is the only fair way.  All the while, husbands are missing out on their God given design, to lead and love. In refusing to submit in respect and devotion, wives are missing out on being loved and cared for in the most amazing way!

If you are married or thinking about getting married, examine these verses closely and ask God to guide you and prepare you for living life the way which fulfils His plans and purposes. He made you and definitely knows what is best for you!

"For wives, this means being devoted to your husbands like you are tenderly devoted to our Lord, for the husband provides leadership for the wife, just as Christ provides leadership for his church, as the Savior and Reviver of the body. In the same way the church is devoted to Christ, let the wives be devoted to their husbands in everything.

And to the husbands, you are to demonstrate love for your wives with the same tender devotion that Christ demonstrated to us, his bride. For he died for us, sacrificing himself to make us holy and pure, cleansing us through the showering of the pure water of the Word of God. All that he does in us is designed to make us a mature church for his pleasure, until we become a source of praise to him—glorious and radiant, beautiful and holy, without fault or flaw. Husbands have the obligation of loving and caring for their wives the same way they love and care for their own bodies, for to love your wife is to love your own self. No one abuses his own body, but pampers it—serving and satisfying its needs. That's exactly what Christ does for his church! He serves and satisfies us as members of his body.

For this reason a man is to leave his father and his mother and lovingly hold to his wife, since the two have become joined as one flesh. Marriage is the beautiful design of the Almighty, a great and sacred mystery— meant to be a vivid example of Christ and his church. So every married man should be gracious to his wife just as he is gracious to himself. And every wife should be tenderly devoted to her husband."
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭5:22-33‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Pray:

Heavenly Father,

Thank You for sending Your precious Son Jesus who died for me and loves me so much! I give honour and praise to Him for He is the head of the church! Thank You for the way He provides the perfect picture for husbands to follow as they are called to love their wife, to seek the highest good for her, loving her like he loves himself.

Lord it is so easy to fall into the pattern of the world and then wonder why marriage does not bring the expected happiness! I pray a special blessing over my marriage (or marriage of the future):

* that as a husband, I would love my wife as I love myself, just as Jesus loved the church and gave Himself up for us all. May my behaviour be worthy of respect and esteem and may I always seek the best for her with an attitude of lovingkindness.

* that as a wife, I would respect and delight in my husband, noticing him and preferring him, treating him with loving concern, treasuring him, honouring him, and holding him dear.

Lord bless those who are struggling in marriages where worldly influences have driven the roles each partner has played out and the result has been devastating for each one involved. Thank You that You are a God of new beginnings and it is never too late to come toYou and start again. We are so blessed to be able to freely come to You and ask for help, knowing You can heal and transform relationships, for You are the very best Counsellor!

Bless all who are patiently seeking that special person You have chosen for them to marry in the future. May they submit to You for guidance, knowing that You hold the plans for their future and You always desire the best for them.

I trust You and humbly submit to You Jesus,
For You are the head of the church,
Amen.

💗💗 Congratulations to my dear parents who are celebrating their 60th Wedding Anniversary today! May you be blessed as you continue loving one another in the way God planned for you! 💗💗