66. I'll Believe That When I See It

'I'll believe that when I see it', is a popular phrase many people use today. Even Christians can get into the habit of waiting for evidence instead of living by faith but that is not living at all! I love the definition of faith the writer of Hebrews gives us:

"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see."
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11:1‬ ‭NIV‬‬

We all tend to want to make plans and attempt to control our future but what if we study hard to get qualifications but then find ourselves unable to get a job in our chosen field in the time frame we imagined? What if we can eat well, exercise and have a healthy lifestyle but find ourselves dealing with chronic illness in our bodies?There will always be things we don't understand but we can continue to trust God. We need to realise that we cannot control everything but need to let go and by faith, allow God to guide us through all the seasons of our lives. Sometimes we won't have any idea of where we are going but as Abraham did, we can put our faith in God, obey Him and keep moving forward!

"By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11:8‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Faith won't always immediately take us out of the difficult situation we are in, it takes us through it. Faith won't always take away the hurt and pain of a situation, it gives us the ability to handle the pain. Faith doesn't always take us out of the storm but it calms us in the midst of the storm.

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭4:8-9‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Where do we get the resilience to keep on going in difficult circumstances while we wait for God to answer our prayers? Continue on in faith —reading and believing His Word and speaking words of faith that God can step in and do something at exactly the right time, just when you need it!

Jesus' own words remind us that even a small amount of faith can produce amazing results!

".......Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.""
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭17:20‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Pray:

Heavenly Father,

Thank You for leading me and protecting me, teaching me and comforting me through all of the seasons of my life. I have to admit that I don't like waiting and I don't like it when I can't see where I am headed but I am reassured that when I continue to put my faith in You, mountains will move! Mountains like financial concerns, relationship problems, health issues, finding the right job or somewhere to live —nothing is impossible when I put my trust in You!

Help me to confidently speak words of faith as I remember Your promise to me to always be with me, strengthening me and meeting all of my needs according to the riches of Your glory in Christ Jesus.

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭3:20-21‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You that when I look back over my life in years to come, I will see how You have done even more than I asked for or imagined! Thank You for the great power of Your Holy Spirit working in me day by day. Thank You that all Your promises are yes and amen in Jesus! I choose to continue on in faith today.

In Jesus' Name I pray,
Amen.