32. Faith is the Victory

We all like to be victorious in what we do, whether it's on the sporting field, in academic or artistic pursuits at school or in the workplace. There is an inbuilt desire in each of us, to succeed and conquer all sorts of giants in our lives, but how many people miss out on achieving victory at the highest level spiritually because they fail to continue in faith? They were initially saved by faith but don't continue to live by faith. They are only concerned with what they see and forget to keep on believing for greater things! We need to remember that our praying needs to be accompanied by believing, then anything can be ours! We will be victorious in Jesus' Name, for our faith gives us all we need to overcome the world!

""Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."
‭‭Mark‬ ‭11:22-24‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"For we live by faith, not by sight."
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:7‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?"
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:4-5‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Encamped along the hills of light,
Ye Christian soldiers rise,
And press the battle ere the night
Shall veil the glowing skies;
Against the foe in vales below
Let all our strength be hurled;
Faith is the victory, we know,
That overcomes the world.
     Faith is the victory!
O glorious victory,
That overcomes the world.
(Yates and Sankey)

Prayer:

Heavenly Father,

Thank You so much that I am saved by grace through faith—and this is not from anything I could do but is the most amazing gift You have given me! I am so grateful for every promise in Your Word and for the way You answer every prayer when I believe. Please help me to live by faith and not by sight. There are many situations that don't look like they are changing but I know I must remember to keep believing and have faith in You because You can do more than what I could ask or even imagine!

Lord may I continue to be an overcomer through my faith in You today, for faith is the victory that overcomes the world!

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.