27. Good Things are Coming!

On a daily basis, media outlets continue to report on a consistent flow of shocking stories detailing among others, violence, poverty, financial doom, natural disasters, horrific accidents, theft, murder and war. Good news is hardly noticed, choked out like a flower among fast growing weeds!

Since the advent of smart phones, people carry the news of the world with them wherever they go. Right there, in the palm of their hand, there is the opportunity to tune into every wicked deed, disaster or hint of bad news, 24/7. Being informed may be helpful at times but continual exposure to negative stories surely can't be good!

Many older people wonder what is becoming of the world they grew up in and long for something better. Thankfully, there is something better to look at on your smart phone! The You Version Bible App allows you to take the Bible with you, so you have a source of hope wherever you go!

The Bible is a comprehensive source of good news, not just stories of the past. In fact one of the great things to look at are the prophetic books in the Bible that point to the future, giving us a much brighter outlook than the continually distressing newsfeed on our phones!

"A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit. The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him— the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of might, the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the Lord — and he will delight in the fear of the Lord. He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes, or decide by what he hears with his ears; but with righteousness he will judge the needy, with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth. He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth; with the breath of his lips he will slay the wicked. Righteousness will be his belt and faithfulness the sash around his waist. The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them. The cow will feed with the bear, their young will lie down together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox. The infant will play near the cobra's den, and the young child will put its hand into the viper's nest. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea."
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭11:1-9‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Pray:

Heavenly Father,

Our world is in such a bad way and so I just want to take this time to pray for all who are hurting, grieving, lost and desperately in need of Your love today.  We all need You more than ever and I am so thankful that I can return to Your Word any time throughout the day and find comfort, love and hope.

It is so good to read in Isaiah about a time when things will be much better here on earth, when Jesus returns to reign for the Millennial period —where even nature will be totally transformed! We have already been so blessed by Jesus' first coming. Thank You for His Spirit of wisdom, understanding, counsel, might and knowledge. Thank You that Jesus still points the way to You Father and promises to come again!

I so look forward to that time when everything will change —there will be no predators among the animals, as this prophecy suggests they will only be herbivores! How amazing that not only will the way animals relate to each other be changed, but the way they relate to humans will be changed.  A little child will be safe and able to lead a wolf or a leopard or a young lion or a bear! At last the danger of predators like cobras and vipers will be gone!

How awesome it will be when the knowledge of the Lord, will cover the entire earth, as the waters cover the sea —in a relational sense, not just intellectually! Your Son's reign will be so glorious! Help me to focus on this good news today as I keep my eyes fixed on You!

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.