25. As Far as the East is From the West

Sin is an unpopular word. Many people don't like to examine their lives too closely or be accountable for their actions to anyone but as Christians we realise that living in this fallen world means that we are prone to sin. Our enemy, Satan is constantly plotting to turn our eyes toward following his dark purposes.

We know we must make our stand against the enemy but we do occasionally fall into temptation and allow sin to enter our lives. But what if we do, is all lost? Are we condemned forever? Well the enemy would like us to think that, but the truth about sin is very clear in God's Word. We have a loving, compassionate Father who sent His only Son into the world to die on a cross. When we first put our faith in Him, acknowledged our sinfulness and received Jesus as our Lord and Saviour, ALL our sins were removed from us! Just imagine the diameter of our earth from the east to the west - it's over12,700km wide but in the following Psalm, it's probably referring to east and west in terms of the universe! That's how far God has removed our sins from us!

When we remember this truth, we can know peace that passes all understanding as we are free from condemnation forever! We are purified from all unrighteousness as we are set free from the law of sin and death. God's amazing grace toward us surely prompts us to live our lives in thankfulness for Jesus' great sacrifice and the redemption it has bought.

As you read these verses, ask yourself if there is any sin you need to let go of. Know that no matter how great or small you consider it to be, it is already marked 'FORGIVEN', 'PAID FOR IN FULL' by the precious blood of Jesus! Receive God's forgiveness and ask His Spirit to help you to live for Him today.

"The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever; he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us."
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭103:8-12‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."
‭‭1 John‬ ‭1:9‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ."
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭1:7-10‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Prayer:

Heavenly Father,

Thank You so much for sending Jesus to die for me, so my sins could be forgiven. I am so blessed that You have given me that picture of the distance between the east and west, for that reminds me of how far you have removed my sins from me. Thank You for Your ongoing love and grace and for the gift of Your Holy Spirit who guides me each day.

I won't be condemned by the voice of the enemy telling me I am not good enough! I am redeemed by Jesus' blood, so I don't need to dwell on my past mistakes. I am forgiven and set free to live my life and bring glory to Your Name today.

Amen.