10. Endurance

Our community holds a special fun run/walk event every year. It's been held for as long as I can remember and while I have never participated in the event, it has always amazed me how quickly some competitors complete the 11km distance, running all the way to the finish at the beach. Long distance running is certainly not something you can just step into on the day and expect to do well. It takes months and perhaps years of training in order to be successful as it requires stamina and also great mental strength.

So too running the race marked out before us (Hebrews 12:1), as believers, requires preparation and endurance. We receive much encouragement as we continue to consult God's Word each day —it provides us with all we need and God himself gives us the endurance required to make it through to the end!

In my community race today, many compete as part of a team which requires working together —a great deal of extra commitment as competitors run or walk with one mutual goal. Christians are also to run their race with 'one mind' and 'one voice'. We are united by Christ's blood and have the greatest eternal hope!

"For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope. May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
‭‭Romans‬ ‭15:4-6‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Pray:

Heavenly Father,

Thank You for the way Your Word speaks and brings so much encouragement for the race of life. Everything I need to know is right before me and I am always in training for this marvellous event. Thank You that I have been given endurance each day I have read Your Word and have also been taught how to run as part of a team. I look to You Jesus for my mindset, mental strength and attitude so I may run in unity and glorify Your Name with fellow believers.

In this race today I will remember:

I can do all things through Christ. Philippians 4:13
I delight in the LORD. Psalms 37:4
I humble myself before the Lord. James 4:10:
I commit everything I do to the LORD, and my thoughts are established. Proverbs 16:3
My help comes from God. Psalms 121:1-8
I pursue all things as one with Christ Jesus. 2 Corinthians 13:5-6
I am alert and clear-minded. 1 Peter 5:8
God keeps me on the right path. Proverbs 3:26
I seek God's wisdom through His word. Proverbs 14:6
I move forward with confidence in the Lord. Galatians 5:10

In Jesus' Name I endure,
Amen.