28. The Voice of Truth

Have you noticed that at any given time, there are voices talking to you in your head? Perhaps there's an encouraging voice telling you to keep going and don't give up but at times the only voice you seem to hear, is one telling you you're no good and you'll never make it!

No you're not crazy and neither am I! The enemy, Satan tries to tell us all sorts of lies and would have us living our lives in fear, believing there is no way out. He continually reminds us of past failures and would love nothing more than to make us completely paralysed by fear! He fuels our anxiety with images from the past and can replay condemning words over and over again.

Sounds terrible doesn't it? So why do we continue listening, when the Voice of Truth could be the one we listen to? Somewhere along the way, we have given the enemy a foothold and then gradually he has made his way into our life where he can inflict maximum damage and render us unable to fight for what we know is right!

So how do we determine the Voice of Truth verses the voice of the enemy? Sometimes the enemy can be very subtle and in fact he is at the beginning so you need to know the truth of God's Word, then you won't be fooled! Remember when Jesus was in the wilderness for 40 days and Satan kept coming at him with one temptation after the other? (Matthew 4:1-11) It was all lies and Jesus knew how to handle them —He deliberately spoke the Word of God back at him! This is what we must do!

Start tuning into the Voice of Truth and recognise the enemy's lies. Don't open the door! Resist him —mention the Name of Jesus, and he will flee! Remember not to get comfortable thinking he's gone and you don't need to worry. Unfortunately, he will be back and he'll try another way! Don't be afraid, Jesus has already won the victory over evil at the cross when he died then rose from the grave. Trust Jesus and keep on listening to the truth as you read the Bible, then you will be able to discern the voice of evil from the Voice of Truth!

"You were running a good race. Who cut in on you to keep you from obeying the truth?"
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5:7‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
‭‭John‬ ‭14:6‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"....Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.""
‭‭John‬ ‭8:31-32‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,"
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭6:14‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭25:5‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."
‭‭James‬ ‭4:7‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Pray:

Heavenly Father,

Thank You for this new day and a new opportunity to tune into Your Voice of Truth! I am done with listening to the lies of the enemy and so today I choose to hear Your voice! I hold onto every word of the Bible that speaks Your truth and I will fight the enemy with the sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God!

* The Lord is my good Shepherd. He provides for all of my needs. Psalm 23:1

* God reveals his spiritual truths to me by his Holy Spirit. 1 Corinthians 2:13

* Because I seek the Lord with all my heart, I lack no good thing Psalm 34:10

* The key to my fruit-bearing life is hearing God's truth and understanding it. Matthew 13:23

* When I humble myself before God in prayer, he hears me and I gain understanding. Daniel 10:12

* My faith, that saves and transforms me, comes by reading and understanding God's Word. Romans 10:12

* God's Holy Spirit, who lives in me, opens my mind to the deep truths in God's Word. 1 John 2:27

* I'm like a tree, planted by streams of water. My life bears fruit and prospers because I meditate on God's Word. Psalm 1:1-2

I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth!
Amen!

(You might like to listen to the Casting Crowns song Voice of Truth today!)