9. 24/7 Surveillance

From the moment we wake up, one thing becomes very clear —the enemy is out to get us! It might only be a negative thought here or a feeling of anxiety about the day ahead there but it has the potential to undermine everything God is wanting to do in and through us. What can we do to change this? Can anyone truly help us when part of our journey seems so perilous?

It's all about which direction I choose to look in. If I keep my eyes fixed on the problem, I can go round and round in circles and not get anywhere! Notice where the Psalmist puts his eyes. His complete trust in God's 24/7 presence and help is so reassuring! When you focus on who God is and what He promises to do for us each day, it never fails to turn things around!

Watch your anxieties disappear as you read these words —in fact you might like to commit them to memory. They are a wonderful reminder of the incredible surveillance system God has set up for our lives!

"I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord watches over you—
the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore."
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭121:1-8‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Pray:

Heavenly Father,

Thank You for the opportunity to read Your Word and have such assurance of Your presence in every situation. Help me remember I need only to look up to You when troubles come because You made the heavens, earth and mountains themselves so immediately my problems are put in perspective. As I marvel the greatness of the mountains, may they always be a reminder to go to You my great, majestic God. It's only in You that I can find the help I truly need in all situations.

Thank You that You won't let me stumble and You won't fall asleep. You are a perfect Guardian who is always there right when I need You, protecting, shielding and sheltering me.

Today I declare that :

God will keep me from every form of evil or calamity as he continually watches over me. I will be guarded by God himself.

I will be safe when I leave my home and safe as I return.

God will protect me now, and he'll protect me forevermore!

I will journey safely through life,
In Jesus' Name,
Amen.