16. Just Ask!

When my first child was born I marvelled at the love I had for her, even though I was often exhausted! Right from the start, love drove me to respond to her every cry. I was always ready and waiting to hear her voice.  As she grew, there was nothing I wanted more than to show her my love and I would do anything for her or give her anything she needed. It was the same for her sister and brother when they arrived. The only time I would hold back, was if they were requesting something that was not good for them.

The bond of love is even stronger with our Heavenly Father. He loves us so much that he sent Jesus to die in our place! (John 3:16) He has adopted us into His family (Ephesians 1:5) and calls us His very own, so it's easy to see Him just waiting to hear our voice. He wants us to bring our requests before Him. He is eager for us to seek Him each day, to knock on the door and spend time with Him.

Is there something you are needing today? Have you been holding back asking God for something? It's time to picture yourself as that small child who boldly asks their parent for what they desire. You need to see God as the most wonderful, caring, wise Father that He is! He knows how to give good gifts to His children!

""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. "Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:7-11‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Pray:

Heavenly Father,

Thank You for the many good gifts You have already given me throughout my life. I am overwhelmed by Your goodness and mercy! Thank You most of all for the gift of Your Son and the way You have welcomed me into Your family. I feel so secure knowing You hear all my requests and only give me good gifts. Thank You for withholding things from me which were not going to be good for me. I trust in Your wisdom to know what is the best thing for me today and I boldly come now and present my requests to You ....................................

Today I remember:

When I call, God answers me. (Psalm 138:3)

When I ask, it will be given to me. (Matthew 7:7)

When I seek, I will find.

When I knock, the door will be opened!

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.