8. The Path of Life

If you have ever set out on a bush walk, you know the importance of keeping to the path. Yes you may pause and exercise your freedom by stepping off the path momentarily so you can enjoy looking at a particular plant and perhaps take a photo but straying any further off the path could be disastrous as you head into uncharted territory!

We all have a decision to make as we start each day. Will we keep to the path God has marked out for us or stray off on our own? We often start well, only to be distracted by something which we thought was going to be a brief diversion but once there, we are led off further and further away from God's blessing. The end result, is becoming lost and eventually stumbling around in the dark, desperately trying to find a way forward.

Oh the joy we have when we decide to call out for help and ask for God's guidance back onto His path! He comes quickly and lovingly to our rescue to bring us back to His path. God's way is always the safest and most rewarding way as His blessings just keep on coming! He is able to provide us with all we need and continue leading us to higher places!

"For the Lord God is brighter than the brilliance of a sunrise! Wrapping himself around me like a shield, he is so generous with his gifts of grace and glory. Those who walk along his paths with integrity will never lack one thing they need, for he provides it all! O Lord of Heaven's Armies, what euphoria fills those who forever trust in you!"
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭84:11-12‬ ‭TPT‬‬

"Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭25:4-5‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay. You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand."
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭16:8-11‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Pray:

Heavenly Father,

I love spending time reading Your Word each day, it guides me and helps me to stay on the path you have set before me. Thank You for the promise that when I walk on Your path, I don't miss out on any blessing! You are so good —You are Jehovah Jireh my provider! I just want to stop and thank You for the many blessings of this past day .................................

Lord, continue to direct me throughout my journey so I can experience your plans for my life. Reveal those life-paths that are most pleasing to you. Help me not to be distracted by anything that would lead me from Your way. Escort me as I go along so I will be safe. I look forward to You taking me by the hand and teaching me! It's so good to dwell on Your truth as I put all my hope in You.

Thank You that You are close to me and always available. Nothing can shake my confidence for I experience your wrap-around presence every moment. My heart and soul are filled with joy! Thank You for your continual revelation of resurrection life. My feet are firmly on the path that will bring me face-to-face with you.
‭‭
Today I declare:

God keeps me on the right path. Proverbs 3:26
I seek God's wisdom through His word. Proverbs 14:6
I move forward with confidence in the Lord. Galatians 5:10

I stay on Your path of life!
In Jesus' Name,
Amen.