40. Jesus

There are many powerful people in our world and I guess if I asked you to name one, you might mention the leader of your country. If we consulted something like the Forbes list of the world's most powerful people, we would discover that positions are allocated based on the amount of human and financial resources that a particular person has sway over, as well as their influence on world events. Some people have remained on the list for a number of years but eventually their names will not appear there because they will become too old to work or lead and one day, they will pass away.

There is one name that seems to have been left off this list, one which should be on the list forever! I'm talking about Jesus! Just have a careful look at these verses, and consider the power and authority of the Name of Jesus. Look at how His Name changes people, completely transforms them and changes their course and who they are.

As Christians, we are so blessed by this wonderful Name from the moment we believe and receive Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. We go on giving thanks in the Name of Jesus and doing everything in His Name, for His glory. What a wonderful, beautiful, powerful Name!

"Our help is in the name of the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth."
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭124:8‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:10-11‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us."
‭‭1 John‬ ‭3:23‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—"
‭‭John‬ ‭1:12‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus."
‭‭Acts‬ ‭19:5‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭6:11‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭5:20‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:17‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through him that has completely healed him, as you can all see."
‭‭Acts‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ."
‭‭2 Thessalonians‬ ‭1:12‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Prayer:

Heavenly Father,

I bow before You today, so thankful for the Name of Jesus!

* My help is in the Name of Jesus
* I believe in the Name of Jesus so I am Your child
* I am washed, sanctified and justified by the Name of Jesus
* I am baptised in the Name of Jesus
* I am made strong by my faith in the Name of Jesus
* I am healed by the Name of Jesus

I pray that the Name of the Lord Jesus would be glorified in me, and I in Him, according to Your wonderful grace.

Amen