Decision

MEEREN

"Thank you, everyone." Daenerys looked around. They informed everyone that they wanna announce something. "I know it is a bit late, but we..." she looked at Jon. He was standing right beside her and smiled. He nodded, indicating her to continue. "We wanted you to know, we are going to marry."
"Now?" Daario suddenly came to mind. 
"What?" Grey Worm frowned.
"Now. I need people to give respect to him. Be respected as I am respected. And for this... we need to make this step." Daenerys continued. She was so definite. 
"That won't change a thing." Daario freaked out. "People here in Essos will never accept him, no matter what is his status. He is just a foreign soldier, who even killed their Queen."
"Luckily they have no idea about that." Daenerys raised her eyes to Daario, and she was mad at him. He seized every opportunity to remember her that horrible day. "And if they find out, I will know who I have to blame for it." she stepped closer to him. 
"My Queen, my apologize." Grey Worm stepped forward "I think it is a hasty decision. You should not marry him, because people don't respect him. I mean... we accepted him by your side, you don't have to... prove anything to anyone."
"I can't believe, but now I have to agree with you." Jon mentioned quietly.  Dany frowned and looked at Jon. 
"I think it is a good idea," Lilyanna mentioned. "It should have happened years ago, but you denied your faith. I think it is the right decision. It is time to accept your destiny."
"What can a marriage change?" Daario frowned.
"People's judgment," Nesera answered instead of Lilyanna. "And no matter what you think, it is an important step. The reunion of House Targaryen. Their marriage is the strongest alliance."
"I don't want to tell people the truth about myself." Jon shook his head.
"You have to," Nesera answered. 
"It is ... not important. I am the same man. No matter what is my name. Jon Snow or Aegon Targaryen." Jon frowned. 
"You denied your faith once. Don't do it again." Lilyanna raised her eyebrow. "You are the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. You are the one true King of the Seven Kingdoms, and with her, by your side, no one will ever question it."

"You misunderstood something. We don't want to rule the Seven Kingdoms. Not anymore. I want to save my daughter. I want to defeat the threat. That is all." Daenerys sighed. 
"I think it is another topic." Jon stepped next to Daenerys and placed his hand to her shoulder. "It is too late, you should go and have some rest." he looked around. 
"Do you want me to take care of your daughter tonight?" Nesera asked them.
"NO," Jon answered so ardently. Dany was surprised. "I... we'll spend the night together. The three of us. We don't need you. You can have some rest."
Nesera nodded. So he meant his words when he told them, he doesn't want them around his daughter. She doesn't understand. She would never be able to harm her. She ... loved her like her own daughter, or as her sister. She nodded and walked away with the others. Jon caressed Dany's arm and took a deep breath. He just wanted to go to their room and hug her close. Sleep with her, in an embrace. 
"Can I ask something?" Gendry stepped to them. 
"Of course." He nodded.
"Where is she?" he was worried about Arya. She disappeared for days now, and no one talked about it. Everyone acted as nothing happened but she was not there. "Where is Arya?" he asked again. Dany raised her eyes at Jon. They knew ... they have to keep that in secret. They have to hide it from Bran... from his spying eyes. They still have no idea, what he can hear and see for sure. 
"She'll be back soon," Dany answered so kindly.
"Where is she?" Gendry asked again in a catchy voice. 
"You are my friend, but you forget you are talking with your Queen." Jon straightened himself next to Daenerys. "My sister had to leave, but she'll be back as soon as she can. We cannot say more about it."
"You better leave now Lord Baratheon," Daenerys told him, then turned her back at him and walked to the desk. 
Gendy and Jon exchange a look then he bowed with his head towards Jon and walked out of the room. Ser Davos was the only one who was still there. With Missandei in his arms. Jon went to him and took his daughter.
"Are you sure you don't wanna spend the night alone?" He raised his eyebrow. "I mean she needs to rest."
"No. It is fine. Our daughter stays with us." Jon answered. Dany was staring at the table and she did not really understand. Something has to happen. Jon was more protective and distrust than usual. Or ... he does not want to spend the night with her and their daughter was the excuse. She has no idea what to think.