Distance

MEEREN

"That is horrible," Arya answered after Jon told her everything that happened since she was away. "How... how are you?" she sat next to him and placed her hand to his shoulder.
"It is not easy," Jon admitted. "Especially not in this way. Now... for some reason, I am the one who she wants the further from herself. Maybe she blames me, maybe ... I don't know. I don't know what to think. I've tried everything. I ... am clueless."
"I think she is afraid to ... talk to you about this. Based on what you said." Arya sighed.
"And how long is she going to avoiding me? That just makes things worse. We ... in the past few days... she acts with me as a stranger. And today, when she finally had a word with me, she just wanted to know where is Yara, because she is planning a war." Jon explained.
"I don't even want to think about... what she can feel right now." Arya shook her head. "Losing a child, because of her fault. That must be... direful."
"She doesn't look shattered or mourning. She just... moved on." Jon still trying to process things.
"Or she is mourning in this way. But... " Arya tried to find the words "If you ... if you let her go into a war with these feelings... Jon." Arya was looking at her brother's eyes.
"It won't happen again." Jon knew what she was thinking.
"It will. It is even worse than the last time. You cannot let it happen. Can you imagine, how much pain is in her? You are the only one who can stop her before she does some terrible mistake again."
"How?" Jon shrugged his shoulders.
"I don't know," she admitted. "But you have to try. You cannot let her go into this war. Our sister is there!" Arya reminded him. "I accept that Bran is not Bran anymore but I've told you many times, I won't let you or she hurt my sister."
"I don't want to hurt Sansa." Jon frowned. "I never wanted. She... was just blind, and... she did not even want to see the good in Daenerys. She decided it at the first moment when she heard about her." he lowered his head. "But I know she is not a bad person."
"And she? What does Daenerys think about this?" Arya was looking into his eyes. Now she was worried.

"Your Grace" Nesera was smiling at Daenerys when she entered into Missandei's room.
"Nesera? Jon is not here?" Dany looked around.
"I haven't seen him today My Queen. If you let me... you look good. It is good to see ..." Nesera was kind and sweet with her, as always.
"Since when you can be alone with my daughter?" Dany frowned.
"She is not alone." Yara walked inside from the balcony. "I just looked around. My Queen." She bowed with her head.
"So this is where you were hiding. I needed you earlier in our tactical discussion." Dany crossed her fingers in front of her body.
"Tactical discussion?" Yara did not understand.
"We are going to Westeros. Start the war. I waited long enough, and I don't spend more time in fear. I destroy my and my daughter's enemies, once and for all." Daenerys told them and walked to her daughter. Smiling at her. "Go and find Daario. He'll tell you everything that you need to know." she glanced at her.
"B... " Yara wanted to ask questions, but she caught Nesera's eyes and she shook her head barely noticeable. "Yes, My Queen." she just bowed with her head again, then walked out from the room. Nesera was standing behind them. A bit further. In silence. A couple of minutes passed.
"I don't need your help right now. You can go." Dany ordered Nesera, but she kept her eyes on her daughter.
"But I want you to stay." Jon's voice was firm. He entered into the room when Yara left. None of them noticed him.
"I am here with my daughter, so I don't think she needs to stay," Dany stated.
"Nesera, please. Stay. I need to have a word with... the Queen." Jon was staring at her. She felt his look on her back.
"I thought she cannot be alone with our daughter." Dany turned to Jon.
"I changed my mind." Jon was facing her. That was the last chance, and he decided to not accept any no for an answer. That was ridiculous. Everything in the past few days. He can't be just sitting there longer and watching how she slowly totally out of her mind. "And Ser Davos is on his way here. So."
"I just arrived." Dany fought with him in her words. "I want to spend some time with my daughter."
"Later" Jon did not tolerate contradiction at that moment. He opened the door and waited. They were staring at each other for some seconds and Nesera felt herself uncomfortable between them.