Garden

MEEREN

Daenerys was walking around the gardens with her daughter in her arms. They were giggling and babbling. Davos was speaking to Jon between the columns but his attention was somewhere else. After he spotted his love and his daughter in the garden, between the bushes he couldn't listen to any longer to his advisor's words. When Davos noticed it, he couldn't help but smile at him. 
"The most amazing sight. I admit that" he mentioned. "I remember when my son was born. I could stand at his door for hours, and watching my wife ... and him. Together. You remind me of myself." 
Jon laughed a bit. 
"Promise me, you take better care of them than I did with my family." Davos continued, and Jon's smile gone. He lost his son, and he almost never talked about his wife. He did say to him... he'll go back to her after the war ends in King's Landing, but Jon was sure he never did. Or... there was no place where he could go back. He nodded slowly. 
"We... don't want to rule." Jon felt he have to be honest. He can be honest. Davos would never hurt them. He raised his eyes to Dany and Missandei again. "We just want to live."
"I am afraid it is not that simple." 
"You want me ... want us to get back Westeros ... King's Landing. Conquer it again. But... I don't want to go there ever again. That place is cursed. That place is ... that place means the death for me." he turned to Davos. He was so serious. "And her."
"That place... means starvation, poverty, misery for thousands of people. Thousands of people... who have no other hope than you. If you don't go back their suffering continues." Davos continued. Jon rolled his eyes and took a deep breath. 
"And what about her? Daenerys and your daughter? Do you think they'll ever find peace? They won't, neither you. You always were a hero, and you'll always be. And you always destined to be the King of the Seven Kingdoms, even if you don't want to accept it." Davos was talking from his heart. "With her by your side. She has everything that you miss... and inversely. That's what I had to realize over the past few months. Together, you really can change the world." 
"I don't think she wants it anymore." Jon sighed, even though Davos's words had a profound effect on him, he doesn't want to risk his family. He doesn't want to risk... Daenerys. 
"Maybe you don't want to. But the worlds needs you." 

"She grows fast." Arya stepped next to Daenerys and her eyes laid on Missandei in her arms. 
"Sometimes you should make some noise." Dany looked at her, and she got scared for a second. Arya always moving like a shadow.
"I am sorry." Arya smiled at her, then she looked back to the baby. "It is still inconceivable for me, how anyone can hurt an innocent child... like her," she stated.
"She is not even one year old, but she already has many enemies." Dany sighed. "This is the scariest. And it is all because of me." 
"If the things, that they say about her is true... it is not just your fault. She would be in danger otherwise." 
"It is my fault, that... " she stopped for some seconds, then lowered her head "It is my fault, that the Three-Eyed Raven has that much power. If I... would have not... do the things I've done... It..."
"But you did. Past is already written. We cannot change that, but we can change our future. I sailed away from Westeros, and I had no idea, what is going on there, but... Gendry told me a lot of things. We should've never agreed to give power to Bran." Arya admitted, "So it is not just your fault."
Dany nodded, and she saw in Arya there is something wrong. She looked around, but they were alone.
"And? What is going on with you two?" she asked quietly.
"There is nothing," Arya answered, but kept her eyes on Missandei. The baby grabbed her finger and babbling something. 
"You don't want it?" Dany frowned.
"It is more complicated." Arya sighed.
"Love always is, but... if you love him..."
"I don't" Arya raised her eyes at Daenerys and replied immediately. She was lying. Even Dany knew that, and she did not understand. She wanted to deny that she is still in love with Jon Snow, but sooner or later heart always wins. Or break... 
"If you say so." Dany took a deep breath. They were continued talking about many other things. Jon was still looking at them. He was happy. He felt relieved... he never thought his sister and Daenerys someday can spend some time in that peace. 

Life After DeathOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara