“How do I look?” Zayn said carelessly.

“Terrible.”

“That's how I feel.”

“I feel you.”

“Did you..” he lowered his voice and leaned closer to me, “Did you tell Harry what happened?” he asked, caramel questioning eyes filled with guilt eating me up.

“Yes. He...got a bit mental but...we'll be over it.” I sighed, shaking my head.

“I expected him to be mad at me.”

“Why would he? It's none of your fault. He's mature enough to realize that.” I scolded, giving Zayn a wary look.

He scoffed, “Don't talk to me like that, I dont blame Harry for what happened to Louis, that's what Niall does.” he defended coolly, trying to keep his voice low so Liam and Niall wouldn't hear us from a few steps back.

“That's just fucking nonsense.” I shook my head, trying to control my anger over Niall’s behavior. I better have a talk with him in private.

“Say that again.” Zayn murmured gruffly, looking ahead blankly. Something about him has changed a lot, I can feel it. He looks different and distant. I better not pressure him into talking any more.

After an hour of walking over the black forest, I totally understood why Leo told us to stay away from it. It's probably named like that because all the trees are point blank, from their roots to their leaves. The solid was black as well and the most creepy thing about this forest, was the voices. You could hear a few female voices singing a beautiful tune and then a few other female voices screaming in agony. It totally blew my mind and had my entire body shivering in fear.

In front of us, was a lake, that had black solid underneath, making the waters terrifying as we couldn't see anything. Across from us, was a clearing of sand and further down I could see some buildings. My heart skipped a beat when I realized what I is.

“That's it, that's the lab.” Liam announced, staring skeptically ahead.

“No shit, we finally got there?” Niall grumbled.

“Those waters look... tempting.” Thomas noted, grimacing as he gazed at the dark waters of the lake.

“We can't walk on water though, can we?” Niall spat sarcastically as Liam placed him gently on the ground.

Thomas rolled his eyes, “Keep your bitterness to yourself.” he shot coldly.

“You’re scared of the wate-,“

“Stop it.” Harry cut in with an intimidating voice, giving Niall and Thomas a stern look.

“Or what?” Niall challenged, making us all turn an look at him with wide eyes. There was pure anger on Niall’s face as he glared towards Harry’s direction, who just looked back at him with a confused expression.

“Niall, chill out.” Zayn warned flatly, standing beside me.

“No, don't you fucking tell me what to do.” Niall seethed, turning towards Zayn. “Harry can't just tell me when to shut up! Neither can you!” He yelled, throwing his hands in the air. Why is he acting like that?

“What's the fucking matter with you?”  Zayn’s face turned into vexed.

“I'm sick of getting told what to do by someone who can't even protect me!” Niall replied bitterly, his tone harsh. “We don't have a leader anymore.”

One look at Harry told me Niall's words didn't infuriate him, nor insulted him, but they hurt him. My heart tugged at the sight of his glossy eyes staring at his blind friend and the way his face fell. I expected him to talk but he didn't, he just pulled his lips into his mouth and turned away. Thomas and I shared shocked looks while Zayn scoffed and Liam just gave up by sitting down with an exhausted sigh.