060

A D D I S O N

Ashton drove me home for curfew.

The sick feeling never left my stomach as I tossed and turned.

"You've just been stressed."

"You're always late."

I toss once more to look out the window. That's when I notice the sun has risen.

I looked at the clock.

6AM.

Something has to be open.

I jump up out of bed to put on a quick lazy outfit. I throw my hair up into a messy bun and then slide on my slides. Heading downstairs I feel my heart sinking.

God let me be late.

God let me be late.

God let me be late.

I get to the bottom step and notice mum up and ready for her day.

"Woah? Is this the day dead men walk? What are you doing up before noon?" Mum asks laughing. The sentence alone made me want to burst into tears.

"Just- just think it would be good for the body to start getting up earlier. I'm going to go for a walk." I smile.

"Oh! I was about to go hon, we can go together!" She smiles. "Mummy daughter time."

"No! I mean. I would love to hang but I just need to take a walk to calm my aura and I can only do that alone." I nod.

"Oh." Mum shrugs. "Well maybe tomorrow we can go for a hike." She smiles softly.

"Of course." I smile nodding. "I should get going. The worm doesn't wait for the early bird." I smile heading out the door. As soon as it shuts my confidence goes out with the sound of the slam.

"Fuck." I hold back a tear.

"Fuck." I stomp a bit. "Fuck! Fuck fuck! Fuck!" I kick a flower pot, breaking it. I tug at my hair, feeling everything come undone.

Once I've calmed down I continue walking to the nearest drug store.

-

I stared at the row of tests.

How do  I know which one to use?

An older women with a toddler walks down the isle grabbing a clear blue one.

"You look lost." She smiles at me.

"Y-Yeah." I stutter as my hands and body shake.

"Clear blue is great. It's been very accurate for us." She smiles.

I nod slowly grabbing one from the rack.

"Listen, just some mum advice, you got this. It's terrifying but it's worth every second of it." She smiles I nod as she takes her kid walking away.