001

A D D I S O N

You know that feeling that everyone on in a room hates you? Well that's the feeling I get every Saturday night. My older brother Luke has his annoying friends over everyday. Which is okay most nights because I can stay in my room and avoid them, but my mother has decided to make Saturdays really for the boys. Every Saturday we are told to invite our friends over for dinner. I usually don't bring any unless I have a person over to study. But even they don't stay long. I would invite my friends over but they usually have commitments. Luke on the other hand brought his friends EVERY Saturday. Today was just another one of those dreaded days.

"Mum can't I just eat in my room tonight?" I ask pouting. I sit on the counter as she mixes the salad. I dip my fingers down and grab a cucumber eating it with a scowl. I swear she loved to see my suffer in the presence of Luke and his pubescent group of friends.

"Addison, you will sit with the rest of your family and have a nice dinner. It's tradition, and it won't kill you to sit with your brother for one day a week." Mum tells me, sending me the 'mom look' telling me not to press it further. It has been tradition since eighth grade. I can never seem to wiggle my way out of it.

"But mum-" I cry out in grief. I knew I wasn't gonna get anything from begging but it was worth a try.

"Addison Lydia Hemmings! No excuses!" Mum bellows grabbing the washcloth and hitting my leg to shoo me off the counter top.

"Ugh." I throw myself off the counter, landing on my feet and crossing my arms over my chest. She could be so insensitive to my distain for these dinners. But I guess she never really saw how the boys act whenever she's not in sight.

"Go to Luke's room and get them all down here." Mum charts as she pulls out some candied sweet yams. I groan a bit throwing myself up and down. Mum doesn't lift her gaze once making me sigh. Heading up the stairs, I take a deep breath. This is hell. I swear to god. I settle in my place in front of Luke door. Inside I can hear the music beating through the door. I raise my hand before sighing. I knock on the door.

"What do you want?" I hear Luke scream. Then the door flings open with an erie creek that makes it sound like it will come off its hinges. I'm taken aback by the music in his room. Green day screeches through his beat up speaker. "What do you want?" Luke asks looking annoyed with me. He stands still but shivers slightly.

"Who is it?" I hear one of the boys ask.

"None ya." Luke smirks giving him the finger as Calum comes and pushes Luke laughing. Calum looks through the door to see me. He rolls his eyes.

"Ew." He squints his eyes at me. "Why are you here." Calum questions. He holds onto the door leaning his forearm against it. Stupid question considering I literally live here and he does not.

"Mum's almost done dinner." I say leaning in a bit to see Michael smoking from a bong. My jaw drops. "Mums gonna-" Luke grabs me by the shirt and Calum shuts and locks the door.

"Listen you little shit. Mums not gonna hear about any of this." Luke says sitting me down on the couch as the three boys stand around me smirking.

"What are you goons laughing at?" I growl growing more and more anxious.

"You grew boobs." Ashton laughs. I look down at my chest seeing my top has been pulled down showing a bit too much. I quickly pull it up guarding my chest. Over the summer away at camp I definitely had grown into a more mature body. Most of the time I wore clothes to hide my 'assets'.