054

A S H T O N

I held her in my arms as she slept. Whimpers fell from her mouth and her wet face was lit by the moon and her subtle frown made me bite my bottom lip.

"You good?" Luke asks. He's got dark circles under his eyes and a tired Nadia hang by his side, it's probably 3am by now.

"I'm fine, go to sleep." I shrug. They both nod me off heading to Luke's bedroom. Liz and Mr.Hemmings have been gone for a week to Paris for some project. Of course that usually meant party city in the Hemmings residence, but this time was different. Addison started screaming in her sleep. When we got to the room tears were streaming down her face and she was shaking.

We didn't know what to do.

All we knew was how to be there for her.

So every night one of us stayed awake to keep an eye on her.

I took this time to contemplate everything. Everything I've ever done or said to this girl. Now all that's been added to all because I was too much of a little bitch to go into the hospital. I pulled out my notebook carefully and decided it would be good to do something with this thoughtful moment.

'Demons hide behind my back
and I can see them'

'Oh the stupid truth is I'm so bad for you'

'Oh no, no I can't take it,
Oh no, no I won't break your heart, again
I don't wanna be a monster among men'

I stared at the half finished lyrics with a sigh, the stuff we play now is good but I wish we could start doing gigs with this stuff.

"You're elbow-" I hear a soft voice groan. I look down to see my elbow bending into her.

"Shit sorry!" I pull away quickly. "I didn't hurt you, right?" I ask, concerned. My body is half on the bed half on the floor now.

She places a calm hand on my shoulder, "I'm fine Ashton, you were just squishing me a little." She grins still half asleep. She takes my hand pulling me back on the bed. "You guys need to stop doing that." Addisons stern voice shakes the house. I look at her as she settles back down, cuddling into me.

"Doing what?" I question.

"Treating me like I'm broken, I'm not going to be able to change if you guys keep treating me differently." She sniffles. I look down to see her wet eyes again.

"I don't think you're broken." I stare at her until she looks up meeting my eyes. "I think you're strong, and brave. I think you're perfect in every way. And I don't want to make you feel like I'm stepping on stone just because I realized I was treating you wrong before." I gasp for air after my rant, closing my eyes.

"I-"

"Listen, I don't want to see another boy in the bed ever again, I don't want another boy for you to make mistakes with. I don't want you to fall in love with someone else because I am still- because I'm in love with you." I run my hands through my hair. "And I wouldn't want it any other way." I swallow finally looking at her.

A soft smile falls on her face.

"It okay to say you've fallen out of love-" Her lips interrupt mine. She's soft but passionate. My hand slips under her chin. When we finally pull back I place my head against hers.

"Ashton Irwin, I will always be in love with you." Addison whispers like she didn't want even a mouse to hear except me. Like I was the only important thing.

"Addison Hemmings, you've made me the happiest person in this world." I smirk. "Maybe I could convince you to also come back to school?" I ask biting my lip.

"Ash-"

"You don't have to answer right now. Just think about it."

"What if he..he-"

"He won't, he's away. You know that. He's not getting out anytime soon. And if you testify, you'll never have to see him again." I place my hand on her thigh.

"I guess it can't hurt to try." She swallows.

"I'll be with you the whole time." I kiss her forehead. I finally got her back.

"Okay." She nods.

"Alright." I smile back at her laying back down. I smirk closing my eyes before getting a pillow to the face. "Hey!" I open my eyes to see her holding the pillow. "You're an ass-" She whacks me again. She's flooded with laughter as I smirk. "Oh it's on." I shake my head sitting up grabbing her lightly throwing her down on the bed. She continues to laugh hitting me with the pillows.

"Ow!" She groans.

"Oh my god! Are you okay?" I pull back in fear. She's got a hurt expression before flipping me and pinning me under herself.

"Gotcha." She smirks hitting me with more pillows.

"That's-" hit "Not-" hit "Fair!" hit.

"Life's not fair Irwin!" She smirks leaning down. I smirk back before tickling her sides making her fall onto me giggling and shaking.

N A D I A

I look at Luke as we hear giggling and slight whimpers coming through the wall. We hear Addisons traditional creeky bed as the head broad must be hitting the wall.

"I can't believe-"

"Ashton!"

Luke gags. "I'm gonna throw up, I'm gonna throw up." He declares. "I can't believe they are doing that!"

"We use to do that all the time Luke." I laugh from his bed. He's got his pillow on the coach and his blanket.

"That wasn't gross though." He smirks over at me.

"You're nasty Hemmings." I giggle.

"Well we could always show the up-"

"One, that's weird as shit. Two, I told you, were taking things slow. I want to wait a while again." I smile over at him. "Besides you haven't even asked me out again yet."

Luke gasps. "Um, I've asked you out loads just each time you say it's too soon or I'm not asking you out in a creative enough way." Luke pouts.

"Well how creative are roses Luke?" I giggle.

"What do you want a gift card as well?" He retorts jokingly.

"Fuck off!" I laugh throwing a pillow at his head.

He dodges it smirking.

"I'll show you creative, assface." He laughs turning the lamp off.

"Goodnight."

"Night babes." He giggles.