003

A D D I S O N
October 23rd

"I'm an idiot." I groan. I sit at my spot in English class with head against the desk. I'm sulking because as usual I forgot the homework. I'm the top student but that doesn't make me a good. If anything I'm far from it. Being at the top means slacking is easy. "Did you do the homework?" I pout looking at Nadia.

"What do you take me as? Some kind of nerd?" Nadia laughs. Nadia's a 5'3" British descendant. Aka shes just white. But this average white girl had all the looks a girl could dream about. She looks like a model and has the attitude of a broadway actress. Nadia's mom is a fashion designer and her dad owns a local diner downtown. So shes also a rich kid. Which is how we became friends. The first day of year 4 she was bullied and harassed by the it girls of our school. And I stood up for her. Of course this only caused worse backlash but she was happy, and so was I.

I groan. "What about you, Ivy?" I smile innocently.

"Yeah here just change it up a little." Ivy passes us the note. Nadia and I go after it like were birds and the note was food on the beach. Quickly copying anything we can down. Ivy smirks and flips her afro. Ivy is a africian goddess. Shes somewhere between light skin and dark skin because her dad is dark skin and her mom is light skin. Her mocha skin glowed with a young radiance. Ivy's dad worked for a huge business company and her mom was a real estate agent before she retired.

"Thanks." I mumble focusing on the homework infront of me.

"What would we do without you." Nadia giggles trying to finish it before Mr.Styles comes in. The beautifully young English teacher who all the girls swoon after. All but us. We mainly just laugh at his stupid jokes and make fun of him. Hes way too old for one of us and we know it--

"Students!" Mr.Styles comes in with his laptop. "Please take out your homework whilst I assign tonights homework." Mr.Styles tells us. "So tonight you will all be writing me a story about the most embarassing moment of your whole life. Then tomorrow I'll read them and they will be used to show you can over come anything." Mr.Styles smiles. "So lets get into todays lesson."

-

"So where is Mr.Dreamy taking you?" Nadia asks eating her sandwich.

"Wes, wanted it to be a surprise." I shrug drinking my chocolate milk. I didn't get many dates because the boys always found a way to ruin them. But Wes just moved from America. Hes been hanging around leatherfaces. Here at Lakeshore there are many different groups and clicks. The leatherfaces, the preps, the nerds and the geeks, the rich snobs, the druglords, lettermans, and the Sliver. The leatherfaces as we call them are a gang of boys who wear leather jackets and ride motorcycles. The leatherfaces are your typical back talking bad boys which is why us three stray away from them, until Wes asked me to tutor him. And of course I couldn't say no. That would be mean. So I agreed and he doesn't seem that bad at all. He makes me laugh and is exteremly nice. And I can't say that his accent doesn't attract me. Because it really does.

"Surprise sex!" Ivy yells as some students look at us. I quickly hide my face from the crowd feeling embarassed.

"No! No Ivy, no surprise s-s--"

"Sex. Its just sex Addison." Ivy laughs.

"I know I just-- I haven't done it yet, and I'm pretty sure he has and that scary. What if I do it wrong? Or what if I'm just really bad? OR what if I'm one of those girls who just can't have sex because their vag--"