048

L U K E

"Fifty." I bargained.

"Nope." The young cop smirked.

"Come on you saw what that guy did! He was dragging her!" Michael stands up for me.

"How am I to know you guys aren't gonna go start another fight and then I have to deal with that for a whole other day?" He questions.

"Because we won't get caught?" Ashton raises a brow. I smirk.

"Haven't until the girls got involved and you can keep those two here for all I care."

"Hey!"

"Hey!" Cal and Ivy's voices yelled in sync. I smile slightly to the officer.

"Two hundred." I offer staring at him. "Come on. You heard the story, I can't let her go again." I bite my bottom lip hoping to find sympathy in this large man, boy.

"Five hundred and you've got a deal." He smirks.

"Five-"

"Yeah for all of us." Ashton nods.

"Deal." He throws himself off his seat unlocking the door. Ashton takes out his wallet paying it off. I nod at Ash letting him know I'll pay it back. He shrugs causally.

"Come on." Michael groans. Mikey's mom brought over his car but didn't bother to bail him out because 'us idiots probably deserve a day in there'. To be fair she wasn't really wrong.

Michael and I hop in the front as the rest stay in the back.

"So." Ivy mumbles.

"Ivs." Cal says softly.

"What?"

"Shut up." Cal nods as I notice her whimper and pout before muttering foul words about him.

"So what are you gonna do to him?" Mikey asks.

"Hopefully nothing. I just want her-"

A car comes speeding down the street. We sit at a intersection as it finally comes to a quick stop. I notice the car. Looking in the front I see her tears covering her beautiful face. Something she didn't deserve. They screamed back forth until I watch him raise his hand slapping her. That was the last straw. In the middle of traffic I jumped out of the car. I jumped and ran all the way to the passenger door. I look in to see the two kissing.

All I see is red as anger takes over me. I want to rip his head and I want to cry all at once. My body aches with heartbreak to see her kissing him. Her face stained red with the fresh slap. As anger fills me I grab the back of Quinn collar and throw him to the ground. Though I was in recovery I didn't feel there was a disadvantage. I was mad, if looks could kill. And of course me stomping on his rib.

"Don't you dare EVER put your hands on a women!" I scream punching him. He defends his stomach and head with his arms and legs. I hear Quinn's inhale finally and notice the breathing. It's heavy as he tries to punch back but punching upwards is always a challenge.

"Luke!" I heard he voice ass for me.

"You get off hitting girls?" I growl. Michael must of parked somewhere because everyone began showing up. "How about you just try to pick on someone your own size?" I pant standing up and then going back to kick him.

"Luke, enough he's on the ground-" Michael try's to intervene.

"Fuck off-" I feel a warm set of hands wrap around my waist from the back as that someone places there tear filled face on my back.

"Please." She silently plead. I turn around to see her looking as small and cute as ever. The red hand print on her face really wasn't helping the fact that I wanted to kill Quinn. "Take me home." She mumbles quietly. I nod smiling lightly down at her.

"Of course." I pull her into a big hug as she jumps up wrapping her legs around my waist. My heart thumps loud in my chest and echos all throughout my aching bones. I didn't think of anything but her, recently I've only been able to think about two things, the surgery and that day. That one day that inevitably caused Nadia to get slapped and treated like garbage. The lingering feeling of anger and hate for myself was in the back of my head, but right in this moment all I thought about was how her hair still smelled of coconut and her eyelashes still fluttered when she was falling asleep in my arms.

All I thought about was this girl who knew I was there to protect her no matter the circumstances. I knew she still hadn't forgiven what I've done, how could she? It was one of the most awful things I could do to us.

But she was still able to sleep in my arms, she was still able to trust me even a little.

"We put him back in his car so he wasn't laying in the street."  Michael pants as they all run up behind me.

"Maybe you should have just left him," I mumble. "Thanks." I nod sincerely. I know Nadia, she wouldn't want him laying alone in the streets. So I guess they saved me one headache from her. To be fair I'd take anything from her at this point.

I get into the back seat with Cal and Ivy. Ashton and Michael ride shotgun.

"Just take us back to Lukes." Ivy says. I nod. I didn't want to let her out of my sight until things were worked out finally. Not like before where she hated me. I wanted to grow from that.

Her head fell into my neck in the car. My hand moves up to her hair, playing with it.

"Luke." I hear Nadia faint whisper.

"Mhm?" I nod looking down.

"Thank you." She mumbles going back to sleep.

"Anytime sweetheart." I smile closing my eyes listening to Michael talking about some song on the radio. Everything felt okay again.

-

I bought Nadia up to my room. The boys were ranting about life so I thought she could sleep better up here by herself. I put her on the left hand side making sure to tuck her into the blankets. As I was about to leave I felt her grab onto my hand.

"Stay." Nadia's small voice barely makes it to me as I turn around to see she's looking up at me.

"Okay." I nod getting into the other side of the bed with her. I shuffle under the duvet. When I'm finally in position she rolls over to place her hand on my chest and her head right beside it. "I'm sorry." I whisper.

"I know you are." She whispers back as we both fall back asleep.