036

L U K E

Everyone has their own safety blanket. Maybe it's your bestfriend or your mother. Someone or something you can always trust in. Trust is a big word. Up until recently I only trusted 5 people. The boys, my mum and Addison. Though we fought she would never lie to me to hurt me. Until I met Nadia. Until I fell for Nadia. And it wasn't like the other girls. I liked the way her hands were so small because I knew they'd fit perfectly with mine. And I liked how I could get lost in her eyes without even trying. I liked how she always knew what was wrong and how to fix it. I liked how she smiled even when she was falling apart. Because she was too good to let people down. God she could never let someone down. Not with a face like that.

"Be okay." I hear her mumble. My heart races. Open your eyes Luke. I try with not success. I feel my body jolt around.

"He's having a seizure!" A mans voices says. My mouth opens as the I feel something wet. Hands all over my body I'm being pulled.

Fuck!

My leg throbs. A sharp pain shoots to my arm. I want to twitch but I can't.

"Be careful with him!" Nadia yells. I want to smile. She's okay. Thank god. She's with me.

"Get him to the hospital. ASAP. He's gonna need blood. Luke Robert Hemmings." A deep voice tells someone. I feel myself being laid down and wheeled away. They connect something to my body as I hear the heartbeat.

"Way too high." Someone ticks. "His body's working as hard as it can."

Why? What happened? I can't even open my damn eyes. If hell was a place in the real world I wonder if this is what it'd be like.

Sirens blast in my ears.

God Luke why were you driving so fast.

"Hope to god this boy makes it."

"He was speeding. That boys nothing more than a mere criminal. He's got that baby and women's life on his hands."

Baby? Women? No. Fuck no. I couldn't have. It was green. No one was ahead of me. I'm reckless but god damn no. Not a fucking baby.

"Six months. Do you think it's gonna make it?"

"Mark said it was fine. Mom looked to be okay too. But hell this kid was almost a murderer."

"He got the worst of it. His friends broken. Give the kid a break."  A new voice chimes in.

His friends broken?

Nadia? What's he mean by that. I try to move my lips to ask him but to no avail nothing happens. I groan. The slightest gargle coming from my still lifeless mouth.

"We're here."

Before I know it I'm being wheeled again.

"17, male, Luke Robert Hemmings. Car crash. Car hit the drivers side with him in it. No signs of drug or alcohol abuse. Speeding. Maybe about 120.-"