026

A S H T O N

I grab my drink from starbucks. My names spelt wrong and it has someones number written on it. I roll my eyes. How do you misspell Ashton.

It's been a week since Luke little party and I've been trying to hang out with Addison. But it seems every waking moment shes with Wes. I mean he is her boyfriend. Not for much longer but for now he is. Lukes still acting like a dick and now answering my messages. Which is totally unfair because hes doing the same thing that I am!

The nerve of some people. Calum and Ivy apparently went on their second date-- I zoned out when Calum was telling me all the sappy details about their romantic walk in the park. Im pretty sure she already has him whipped.

I saw Luke and Nadia hanging out so apparently everyone can get in a relationship expect me. Maybe I'm just not meant for relationships. I look down at my cup before dialing the number.

"Hey, yeah, you down for tonight?" I ask as Nadia and Ivy walk infront. "Actually I might have to raincheck." I hum hanging up. "What a pleasure it is to see you two." I fake smile. They roll their eyes and dragging me to an alleyway. "If you need money you could just ask instead of jumping me." I shrug.

"Ha ha, funny. Now why are you calling other girls after what you and Addison did." Ivy growls.

"Why is she with Wes?" I challenge.

"Shes not. Shes at home marathon watching the walking dead with ice cream. You took her virginity then walked out on her Ashton." Nadia tells me. I furrow my brows at her.

"Funny you're the one telling me this when it was your boyfriend that made me do that to her. I didn't want to. Im not a bad guy and I definitely wouldn't try to fuck her over like that." I shake my head.

"Well Irwin you gotta figure something out." Lukes voice chimes in from behind me as I turn to see all the boys. I send him a questioning glare. "Nadia said I need to let Addison be happy. And apparently as much as I hate the idea, her happy is you." Luke tells me. I smirk a bit.

"Well you guys are too late. I already messed everything up and pretty much told her she was nothing to me." I bite my lip feeling stressed.

"Addison is stubborn and needy. But if you really want her you gotta work for her." Ivy shrugs.

"Yeah, its better to work for them Ash." Calum laughs wrapping his arms around Ivy. She guts him as he stumbles back. We all laugh.

"Don't sneak up on me like that!" She states like he already knew that he shouldnt in a whiny tone.

"I just wanted to give you a hug." He says sounding breathy as he hobbles back over holding his gut, struggling to breath.

I smirk a bit. What if this worked. And this was just now our lives. No more bullying Addison, just a lot of friends. This is a lot. Am I really ready to give up my ways for being a fuck boy?

"I need some time to think about what to do." I mumble.

"Well Addisons gonna be home alone tomorrow. Maybe somebody might drop their house key and you could go return it." Nadia shrugs. Luke throws his house key on the ground.

"Bye Ashton." They all hum walking away. I shake my head picking up the keys. Damn.

-

I walk to the house before unlocking the door and walking in. I hear music playing as I follow the sound to see the tv on playing youtube. Then i spot her in a button up dancing like a crazy women. A smirk falls on my face as I lean against the door frame watching her figure butcher the dance moves. Good thing shes pretty because she has two left feet and can't dance for shit.

I watch for awhile before feeling like a creep. I clear my throat as she drops the spoon thst she was using as a microphone. I smirk as she looks my way.

"What are you doing here?" She almost whimpers but tries to hide her emotions.

"Luke left a spare set of keys at mine. Thought I should drop them off. He was looking for them two weeks ago." I lie perfectly. Almost feeling bad for lying to her. God Ashton whats wrong with you.

"Oh." She hums softly.

"Look I'm sorry about last week--"

"Dont worry about it. Just-- just go." She says sternly.

"No Addison." I shake my head sitting down.

"Ashton please." She says it so quietly I debate if I even heard it at all. "Please."

"No. Let me explain what happened." I beg. She bite her lip nodding and sitting beside me.

"Okay you have a minute." She tells me staring at the clock.

"Okay, Luke told me if I wanted to stay friends with him I had to break your heart. And I couldn't just tell Luke no we've been bestfriends for 16 years. Thats a long time. But then I saw him and Nadia together which was gross to say the least, and I realized that I want you. I want you no matter who sees or cares. I don't care who knows it because Addison Hemmings you're the most amazing and forgiving girl I know. And im not scared to say that anymore. And Luke gave me his blessing so--" I shrug.

She looks at the ground like shes thinking.

"Ashton I'm with Wes. Hes my boyfriend. Though I make mistake after mistake I want him. Im sorry." She breaks me with a sentence.

"No. Im not gonna confess my feeling then just give up bevause your his. Im gonna keep trying, no matter what I have to do." I shrug.

"Try it Irwin." She shrugs. "I love him."

"No. No you really don't."