039

A D D I S O N

I walk in to see Luke still laying there. I hold onto Nadia's hand as she squeezes Luke arm lightly.

"Wake up." She cries softly. Her baby blue cast makes her puppy dog eyes lighten. She sniffles with a raw red nose. She didn't bother to ask why Ryder was here. She was focused on Luke. Ryder rubs my back slightly. He's been in meetings after meetings posing as Luke guardian right now. Ashton keeps texting me but I don't know if I want to look at them. I keep holding onto Nadia as she cries.

"Sh it's okay." I tell her rubbing her back.

"It's not!" She yells. I step back but she holds onto me.

"Stop yelling." I tell her calmly.

"I don't want to." She says back.

"We just have to wait for him to wake up." I tell her.

"It's been a week." Nadia pouts.

"I know." I swallow. "But he's gonna wake up."

"Is he?" Nadia asks before storming out. I stare down at Luke for a second before brushing the hair out of his face.

"You're gonna wake up." I tell him slightly. Ryder pulls me into a hug.

"He's gonna be okay. His vitals are great. He just needs to wake up." He whispers in my ear. I bite my lip then pull him out of the room with me.

"We gotta find her." I pull him along throughout the hall ways.

"Yeah." I nod. His chin rests on my shoulder and I press my hand to his cheek. Nadia's mom and dad had to go back to New York for business so Nadia's just stayed at the house. Mom and dad had to go back to work but they said as soon as Luke wake up they'll be home. This putting Ryder in charge.

I spot Nadia sitting by the vending machine. A snickers in her hand as she munches on it. I sit slowly beside her.

"You aren't you when your hungry?" I ask softly. The corners of her lips uplift a bit before falling.

"I got him mad. I was talking to Quinn and he got mad! This is all my fault." She cries onto my shoulder.

"It's not your fault Nads. He shouldn't have been so careless. This isn't his first accident going too fast." I wipe a stray tear whilst rubbing her back. "Ryder's gonna go pick up dinner. Sushi. Your favourite." I shake her a bit.

"I can't eat."

"Are you sure about that?" I raise my brow.

"Yes." She says certainly then her tummy grumbles. "No." She sighs.

"I already got your order." Ryder nods walking away.

The hallway falls silent.

"So-"

"Addison, where's Ashton? He should be here. He should be the one comforting you. Not Ryder." Nadia looks at me.

"I talked to Ashton-"

"No you talked to his mom."