011

N A D I A
November 14th

A promise. Something sworn to be kept. Between two or more people, or yourself. A promise is something so scarred even the smallest are supposed to be kept. And when a promise is broken, it can fuel fires and cause a storm.

Luke knew he was about to start a storm. And maybe this was just my karma for lying to my bestfriends. Maybe I should have let this secret out a long time ago. Or maybe it should have never been a secret. Or a thing in general.

"What?" Ivy and Addison both ask.

I really shouldn't have gotten my self into this mess.

July 2016

"So are you sure you can't tell us about what happened at the cottage?" Ivy smirks. We had all went together to the cottages. Our familys happened to own them all beside eachother. We sat in Addisons house chilling in the living room.

"Nothing happened." I laugh looking over to see Luke and the boys in the kitchen. Lukes arms support his body as he stares at me leaning against the counter.

"You're such a liar." Addison laughs. Luke bites his lip.

"Are you listening to anything I say?" Calum asks Luke but Luke shakes his head not losing eye contact with me. I smirk a bit.

"Not gonna tell us anything about Mr.Mystery?" Addison laughs.

"What?" I furrow to my brows. They shouldn't even know there was a boy.

"You don't think we saw you sneaking a tall boy into your window?" Ivy smirks.

"We were thinking it was Preston from across the lake." Addison shrugs.

"No. All you need to know was it was a summer thing. We sorted that out." I tell her. I look back at Luke to find him missing. Summer really is the best.

-

"We shouldn't do this!" I mumble as he kisses me.

"Why?" Luke smirks.

"If Addison finds out she'll kill us." I groan as he nips at my neck sending my head back. He presses me against his wall. "We said this was just a summer thing." I moan slightly.

"Do you want it to just be a summer thing?" Luke asks against my ear.

"Luke--"

"Luke I think I left my drum sticks in here-- oh my-" Ashton's voice cuts into our makeout session as he start laughing.

"Ashton get out!" Luke growls.

"Nah I'm gonna enjoy the show." Ashton sits down on the bed.

"I--I have to go-" I rush out.

Ashton grabs my arm.

"Hm I wonder how Addison will feel when she finds out her bestfriend is hooking up with her brother." Ashton smirks.

"You wouldn't." I shake my head.

"Oh but you're wrong about that." Ashton laughs. He heads down the stairs. Half way down I get an idea and run to the stairs.

"If you tell her about any of this I'll tell her you were her secret admirer and that you still have feelings for her." I warn. He stops and his back muscles tense.

"No Im not." He says a little smuggly.

"You are." I challenge him.

He turns around and places his elbow on the banner.

"Oh yeah? And if I was, how could you prove it." Ashton smirks. I shake my head. Turning around and heading to Lukes room. I grab the lyrics sheet and give Luke a quick kiss. I run to Addisons the grab the admirer note. I head back to the stairs to find Ashton still laughing.

"Luke was showing me the lyrics to your guys new song. And I knew I recognized the writing. You circle your I's instead of dotting them. So I asked Luke who wrote it and he told me the one and only Ashton Irwin." I hold up both of the pieces of paper.

Ashton furrows his brows and bites his lip. He looks like hes gonna kill someone.

"So what the hell do you want?" Ashton heads up the stairs to put his face inches from mine.

"I want your silence in exchange for mine." I shrug.

Ashton shakes his head laughing.

"Deal." He takes the lyric paper crumpling it into his back pocket.

"Deal." I nod back.

Current time

Addison shakes her head and walks out of the dinner.

"Addison!" I call out.

"Is it true?" She asks. I look down to my feet. "Well is it true?" She asks again. I feel an audience surrounding us.

"No. Of course its not true. Luke just wanted to piss us off." I feel myself lying to her again and again.

"Nadia it's time to tell her." Luke says. I look back to see him watching.

"Tell me what?" She raises her voice.

"I was her freshmen summer fling." Luke says like it was obviously.

"You told me I didn't know him. But turns out I was actually pretty close to him aye?" Addison asks.

"Its over. And its been over for 2 years Addison." I try to calm her down. She looks at Lilly who shrugs. "I'm not inlove with him if thats what you're scared of me telling you." I tell her as she looks at me.

"Wow." I hear Luke say as he storms off.

"Luke!" I call out.

Addison takes a second in her own feelings.

"I may be mad but I'll never be a bad sibling like him. Go comfort him and we'll talk later." She says trying to stay calm.

"Im sorry." I apologise again before running off to find the blonde haired idiot.

-

I chase Luke to find him sitting on a swing. His heads in his hands.

"Luke--" I start but he looks up with red eyes. I bite my lip softly.

"You know of all the shit people have ever said to me, I never thought you'd say you didn't care." Lukes lip quivers.

"Luke I do care about you. I just care about your sister more right now." I say. "I wish things could just be easy." I sit on the other swing. Luke quickly grabs my hand.

"They can be with me." Luke says softly. I look at his eyes then his mouth. He quickly grabs the back of my head as I lean in to kiss him. I hold onto the collar of his shirt as he grabs my jaw making the kiss rough. We both pull away gasping for air as he rests his forehead on mine.

"I like you." Luke shrugs hopelessly.

"I like you too." I smile.

Lukes birthday is coming! He really is gonna be a catch 22!