010

A D D I S O N
November 14th

"Do you think I should wear the black dress or the blue one?" Nadia asks.

"Um, blue." I point. Tonight is Ivy's big birthday dinner. Which for the first time in forever we all had dates to. We decided it would be fun to dress up for the occasion. I put in my earrings. Everythings been pretty normal this whole month. Mainly a lot of screaming and yelling from Luke and the boys. Ashton's been in a slump lately. I wanted to ask if it was about his mom. I saw her at the grocery store recently and she looked pale. Sick.

I was content with life right now. Wes and I were doing great. I had my black dress on as I head down stairs, still on facetime with Nadia.

"So reservations are when?" I ask.

"7:30." Nadia tells me. I place my phone down on the kitchen counter.

"Addison, why are you all dressed up?" Jack asks. His apartment is almost ready to be moved into which is sad, because that means Lukes torture at home will start up again.

"Ivy's birthday." I nod trying on my heels, almost falling out of them.

Wes and I exchanged our feelings and I know everything about him. As he does me now.

"Are you a girl?" Luke laughs from upstairs.

"Okay dude calm down. I was just trying something new." Ashton rolls his eyes walking down the stairs as the boys follow him.

"Well stop. Our stuff now is great." Calum laughs taking a piece of paper from Ashton, throwing it into the trash but missing as it goes behind the can.

"Wanna go get pizza?" Michael smirks.

"Hell yeah!" Luke laughs dragging Ashton out of the door.

I look back at the trash can.

"Are you gonna read it?" Jack smirks.

"Jack! Thats an invasion of privacy." I furrow my brows. "Of course I'm going to read it!" I say in the exact same tone. I shake my head as Nadia laughs on the other side of the line. I slowly bend over to pick up the note then head to the kitchen counter with Jack to read it.

"Cut me open take my heart, so we'll never be apart
Don't you let it go to waste." I read.

"Thats not that bad." Nadia laughs.

"Such a sentimental love, in a sinical world,
My feelings get the best of me.
I messed it up before, so I'm always pretty sure
My karma gets the best of me." I read. Jesus these are good lyrics. I can't believe Luke and the other two would just throw them out like this.

"Bad at letting go, won't you let me down easy,
Can't let you go, so
When you walk away,
Cut me open, take my heart so we'll never be apart
Dont you let it go to waste,
When you walk away." I lick my lips. Jack takes the note from me.

"I can feel it in my bones,
you dont love me anymore
Make it worth all of the pain
When you walk away." He finishes.

"Woah. I wonder who he wrote it about." Jack reads it over again in his head.

"Probably his right hand." Nadia adds as we all break into laughter.

"He probably wrote it to prove to you his song were more than just always sleeping with girls." Jack shrugs looking at me, handing me the paper. "I gotta go. Call me if you're getting home too late. Ill come pick you up." Jack messes up my hair. I look down at the paper shaking my head.

"You don't think he wrote it about me do you?" I raise a brow. "Well not about but because of me?"

"Maybe. I don't know. That boy is very confusing." She laughs. "I have to go but Ill see you at dinner okay?" She asks. I nod before she hangs up.

Boys are stupid. I groan heading back up to my room.

-

We meet up at 7:25. I just keep thinking about Ashtons lyrics.

How can someone so cruel be so poetic. I never pictured Ashton as the romantic type. Hes not. Hes aggressive and scary. But something inside him screams to be known. To be cared for. Ashtons never had his dad to turn to. So nobody taught his how to be a proper man as Jack and Ben say. But they think he is a nice boy.

Boy are they wrong.

I grab Wes' hand heading into the restaurant. We almost had sex. Twice. But he thinks we should take this slow. I like that he doesn't try to pressure me into anything. Hes really truly sweet and kind. I smile and kiss his cheek quickly. Enough thinking about Ashton and his stupid lyrics.

"What was that for?" Wes asks smiling.

"Being the best boyfriend, ever." I smile back.

"You're too cute." He laughs. We follow the group to find our table. Tall booths so you can barely see the booth neighbours. We all sit as I hear a known voice.

"Yeah we're ready to order." I hear Calum's voice.

I groan.

"What?" Wes asks.

"My brother and his band of goons are behind us." I mumble.

"Oh well. We're here for Ivy not them." Wes shrugs. I smile and nod. Hes right.

Nadia brought Jonah for her date. Hes a football captain at our opposing school. Which is fine because though we are cheerleaders we don't have much School pride.

"I was thinking of milkshakes. How 'bout you?" Wes nudges me.

"There milkshakes are huge here." I warn him.

"Spilt it with me?" He smirks.

"How romantic!" I gush leaning in kissing him.

Ivy brought Lee. Though hes not a 10 hes apparently good friendly company. Which is good.

"Can you kiss me like that?" Jonah jokes as Nadia laughs nudging him. Jonah is totally a ten. Which is scary because I don't to pay for our dinner or give Nadia 50$. Or my pride.

"What did you just say to her?" Luke asks. I turn my head to see his quiffed hair and fuzzy face giving Jonah a death glare.

"Sorry who are you?" I ask as our table smirks.

"I wasn't talking to you uniboob." Luke growls. My mouth makes an O shape. I hear Calum and Michael giggling.

"And who are you?" Jonah asks. He already knows. Everybody knows of Luke Hemmings. But I wasn't expecting what he said next.

"Nadia's Ex Boyfriend." He smirks.

"What?" Ivy and I both cough out staring at Nadia shocked as she looks terrified. What?