"I just... I'm just..." You struggle to find the words to describe your fears. "But what if they someday decide they don't anymore?" Shawn feels a yank in his heart caused by your question.

"Honey, I-" He looks you straight in the eyes to make sure you're listening to him. "I know people in your life have a habit of disappearing. But we won't ever do that. We won't walk out on you."

You feel tears form in your eyes but you refuse to let them win. You nod at Shawn, shutting your eyes while taking a few deep breaths. You know he's right but that doesn't stop you from doubting.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry I'm being dramatic." You apologise with a stutter.

"No, don't apologise." He interrupts, embracing you immediately. "If I had been through what you have, I would question people constantly too."

You send Shawn a smile while you lower your head to rest on his shoulder. He holds you close and allows you to collect yourself a little. His hands are rubbing your back and he's planting tender kisses on the top of your hair.

"Thank you, Shawn. For always being so understanding." You mutter against his chest, swallowing the lump in your dry throat.

"You still want to do it? Because you don't have to. If it's not what you want, we don't have to do it." Shawn tells you, leaning back to find your eyes.

"No, I want to ask him. It's what I want."

"So let's go talk to him, okay? Everything will be fine." Shawn says, kissing your forehead softly. "I promise you."

He holds your hand as you walk through the house, entering the kitchen and make your way towards the door to the yard. You feel your heart pounding against your chest hard enough for you to feel a slight ache. Your hands are sweaty and you wonder how much Shawn notice from holding the left one.

When you turn around the corner of the house, your eyes catch Manny in his usual chair with his feet on the garden table while reading a book. He doesn't notice you until Shawn clears his throat with a laughter causing Manny drop his book in a shudder.

"Jesus kids, you startled me." He laughs while Shawn shakes his head.

"So much for gardening, eh?"

"Please don't tell your mother." Manny jokes while getting on his feet.

He goes to hug Shawn tightly before wrapping his arms around your body to give you an embrace as well. He rubs your back friendly like he always does and you feel a warmth grow in your chest.

You're not too fond of physical contact, mostly because you've never been used to it, but Shawn's entire family sure is. Especially Manny is a hugger and over the years, you have grown to love his fatherly embraces.

"I didn't know you were coming today." Manny smiles, his hand padding Shawn's shoulder. You can tell from his smile that he's excited to see his son.

"It was spontaneous." You say with a smile, though you feel your body vibrating with nerves.

"We actually have a thing to ask you." Shawn says, reaching for a chair to sit down. "Or y/n has something to ask you." Shawn's eyes fall on yours and you feel a bundle of knots in your stomach.

"Oh, well then I'm all ears." Manny smiles while sitting down as well.

As you reach for a chair too, you feel your mouth drying and your tongue tying. It's going to be harder than you originally thought and now there is no turning back.

Shawn places his hand on your back, giving you small rubs and soft smiles to make you feel somewhat secure. You don't look at him but you're thankful for his support.

Shawn Mendes one shotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara