One Hundred Miles Away

Request: oh what about a dad!shawn one where the reader and their 1 year old son surprise him at an ellen interview? (Shawn thought they were in Canada)

Word count: 2,401

One Hundred Miles Away

"Hello everybody and welcome to today's show! We have the most exciting guest for you and a fully packed show" Ellen started, looking into the camera.

It already gave me butterflies, knowing my hubby Shawn would walk out at any second now. I still can't believe, I got to keep that one.

As Ellen continued talking and started introducing Shawn, people in the crowd clapped and shortly after a smiling and a bit overwhelmed Shawn walked out. I loved how he still got nervous over this.

"Dada!" Benjamin said, pointing at the TV screen.

His little, brown eyes – that he obviously had after his father – turned wide and a smile spread across his little face. My babyboy loved seeing his dad on TV, especially, because Shawn so often was away from home.

"Dada, look. Dada" He said again, laughing widely.

I kissed his cheek, giving him a squeeze. I felt as much love as he did in this moment. I guess, we were both just suckers for Shawn.

"Yes, that's daddy" I said, smiling back.

Sitting here with Benjamin on my lap, I still couldn't believe what a beautiful baby Shawn and I had made. Well, luckily for Benjamin, he took after his dad and I loved it.

I always saw Shawn whenever I looked at him. They had the same smile, the same eyes and the same loving laughter. Everything he did, reminded me of Shawn when he was little.

"They look so alike" A friendly man in an Ellen shirt said, stroking Benjamin's hair a bit.

"I know, it's actually kind of scary" I smiled back.

"I just need to put a mike on you quickly" He said to me, holding up a little, black mike.

"Sure, just a second" I said, before putting Benjamin down in his baby safe chair. The man from Ellen's crew put it on me rather fast so I was ready.

"Are you nervous?"

"More excited, really. Shawn has no idea we're here. As far as he knows, we're still back in Canada"

"I'm sure he'll be very surprised" He smiled friendly back at me.

"I hope so" I said, feeling my heart pound.

Shawn had no idea we were even here, we hadn't seen him in months due to his touring, but Shawn missed Benjamin and we missed Shawn.

He was always talking about how hard it must be for me, dealing with a kid alone, but I was always wondering, how hard it must be for Shawn not getting to be there as much as I knew he wanted.

I stroked Benjamin's hair, but he didn't take any notice to me, his eyes were glued on the screen, watching his dad. I leaned back in the chair, watching him as well.

"Shawn, come in. Sit down" Ellen said, as they both sat down in the red chairs.

Shawn smiled widely, waving at the audience. His cheeks were a little red, but it just made him all that cuter.

"Welcome back, Shawn. It's been a while"

"Thank you and thank you for bringing me back" He said to her, sending her a warm smile.

Shawn had always loved being interviewed by Ellen, he always talked about what an amazing person she was and how professional she was.

"So Shawn, a lot of things has happened this year"