Kids in Love

Shawn unlocked the front door to their house and made his way into the hall. He was humming a joyful melody, nodding his head along to the music in his headphones, blasting on the highest level.

She never really understood, how he could stand the noise being that abnormally loud.

It had been quite a rough day for Shawn, he'd flown back home late yesterday and the entire day today, had been spend in the studio working on new music with Geoff.

Actually, Shawn wasn't even supposed to be home, but he wanted to see y/n so badly, he'd made some changes to make it work.

It didn't matter to him, though. Just the thought of seeing y/n's rather shy – maybe even a little awkward – smile and those loving, deep eyes, they made every single change worth it.

Gosh, Shawn could really just look at her forever without ever getting tired of her beauty. It wasn't because y/n was drop dead gorgeous, she was actually rather ordinarily beautiful, but on the inside, she was the most fascinating and stunning creature, Shawn had ever experienced in his entire life.

One day, she just suddenly passed him by on the street and he'd been hooked ever since.

The reason Shawn had flown in was because of Valentine's Day and though y/n said it wasn't a big deal, he knew she was lying. He could always tell when she was.

And today, Shawn had big plans, very big plans. Just thinking about it made butterflies grow in Shawn's stomach, forcing a smile to appear on his pinkish lips.

Shawn dropped his shoes down at the floor, before pulling his headphones blasting noisily off.

"Love?" he called out, letting his fingers run through his hair.

Normally, she would meet him impatiently in the hallway, hugging him the moment he stepped through the door – it had always been Shawn's favourite part of the day - the fact that she would miss him so much, even if they'd seen each other just hours ago – but today she didn't.

Thinking about it, Shawn felt lucky to have her; He knew no other girl would ever love him, like y/n did and he didn't want it any other way.

She had always been there, at his very highs, but surely also at his very lows. When he was feeling good and when he was feeling crappy. She was always there.

"Darling, aren't you home?" Shawn called out again, licking his lips.

"In the bedroom" a low, sore voice answered.

Shawn walked towards the bedroom, softly pushing the door open. When he walked in, he saw y/n lying in the bed with two blankets surrounding her, cuddled into her pillow. Her face was pail, her lips dry and her eyes looked awfully tired.

"Oh darling, you don't look too good" Shawn worried about her. He sat down on the bedside next to her, sending her a warm and affectionate smile.

"I think I might be sick" she mumbled, still with a very low voice. Shawn figured her throat might hurt too much to speak any louder.

"You think?" Shawn teased her, sending her a little smile. She had enough energy to roll her eyes at him, but that's about it.

"Let me just feel your forehead for a sec" Shawn said, titling his head to look at her properly.

Softly, Shawn let his hand rest on y/n burning forehead, pressing his palm against her, with his other hand, he gently stroke her damp, flushing cheek.

It left chills on y/n's body, but she couldn't figure out if it was simply because of her illness or just the usual power Shawn had over her.

"You're burning up"