Purple and Blue

"I want to marry you." Shawn says and you look down to meet his eyes in surprise. "Not like right now, but some day." 

Your eyes widen as you continue to massage your boyfriend's scalp and he continues to act like what he is saying, isn't really a big deal. Shawn is resting his head in your lap, his fingers drawing small hearts and music notes on your soft thighs. He's at ease, completely calm and you cannot stop the smile that appears on your face. 

"Do you now?" You laugh, rolling your eyes at his sudden outburst. You figure he's joking, being the usual dork and messing around with you. 

Shawn looks up to finds your eyes and he sends you a wide smile while your fingers continue playing with his messy curls. 

"I do." He nods and sends you those puppy-eyes, you fell in love with a few years back. "I want to marry you on a warm summer night, nothing too big but with all the people we love, you know? I want to dance with you underneath the stars at midnight and I want us to get drunk and do karaoke to the entire High School Musical soundtrack." Shawn tells you and a laugh slips from your mouth. 

That is very much how you met each other years back, at some university party with a High School Musical theme. You remember the night to be somewhat dull until Shawn showed up with some friends and challenged you to a sing-off. You lost by miles, but you managed to win his heart and therefore, you crowned yourself to be the real winner of that blurry night. 

Your thumb slides from his curls to his cheated cheek and you give him a few strokes that seems to make chills appear on his arms. Shawn adjusts his position in your lap to look at you properly as his tongue slides between his rosy lips. 

"And I want flowers, plenty of them. In whatever colours you'd like. And good food! Not all those fancy things that people don't like anyways, you know? I'd like the cake to taste of passionfruit because I know that's your favourite. With vanilla frosting of course, otherwise your brothers' won't like it. I want dancing on tables, beer-pong games and well, love. I want our wedding to be filled with love." 

Shawn wraps his arms around your waist and cuddles further against your thighs. From the look in his eyes, you know he is beyond comfortable and for some strange reason, that makes you happy to the bone. Shawn leans down to plant a few soft kisses on your thighs and you feel the heat rushing down your spine as well as the butterflies that appears in your stomach. 

"I want to go look for a ring with your mother, because well, you have a certain style in jewellery and a second opinion is always a good idea. And I don't want to see your dress until you walk down the aisle. I want to feel the anticipation to my core until you walk out and I want the butterflies to crack in my stomach when I see you. And surely, we want a church wedding, right?" He stops, looks directly into your eyes and waits for you to answer his question with all seriousness. 

"Right." You nod in agreement and feel the heat in your cheeks. You feel the tears wetting your eyes and suddenly, you struggle somewhat to breathe. 

"And... I thought about something else." Shawn confessed and your heart flickers. "I kinda want your last name. I feel like that would really make me yours." 

You cannot prevent the tears from falling any longer and a few sobs slips from your mouth as well. Your heart is aching with Shawn's love and you suddenly feel your heartbeat raise. You embrace his cheeks with your hands, tears sliding down your cheeks as your heart continue to flicker with love. 

You don't know why or where this is coming from, but you cannot express the happiness you feel due to the fact, that you boyfriend wants to marry you. And he doesn't just want to marry you, like he really wants to marry you. 

"I didn't mean to make you cry." Shawn says and reaches for your cheek with his hand. Using his thumb, he removes teardrops from your face. You shake your head while chewing on your bottom lip to cope with the cries. 

"I'm just happy." You tell him, your eyes finding his. "Hearing you say these things... I..." Your voice cracks and you're unable to finish your sentence. He chuckles slightly at your reaction, but you see the water appear in his eyes. 

"Is it a surprise to you?" Shawn asks, his tongue slipping between his plump lips. 

"A little bit." You admit as your smile widens. Shawn wrinkles his forehead with a small laughter. 

"I've known I wanted to marry you since the first time I say you." He tells you honestly and now you're the one looking at him in confusion. Shawn rolls his eyes and shakes his head slightly. "I told Brian, you know? That night, I told him I'd found my end-game. You were so, well you. With your bobbly mood and adorable laugh, with those eyes and... I haven't stopped thinking about you since." 

You hardly know how to process Shawn's words and he leaves your mouth gaping wide open from his sweet confession. You lean down to press your forehead against his, feeling his breath against your lips and then, the chills appear all over your body. 

"It's always been you for me as well, Shawn." You tell him and he tips his head to close the space between your lips. 

You shut your eyes as he kisses you passionately and within seconds, you taste his sweetness on the tip of your tongue. When Shawn breaks the kiss for you both to breathe, you feel as if, the only people left on earth is you and Shawn. Shawn slides his thumb across your lips as he sends you a warm, loving smile. 

"And most of all, I want you to be happy and I want to be a good husband. The best husband. You like my father is to my mother."

"We're going to be the best for each other, to do the best for one another." You tell him, rubbing your nose against his. "You and me, always." 

"I'd like that, I'd like that a whole lot." Shawn agrees and you lean down to kiss him against. 

"Purple and blue." You say against his lips. "I want the flowers to be purple and blue." 

"Purple and blue it is, then." Shawn says and you share a laugh.