Chapter 41

Malaya was in shock. What the heck was he doing here? Was he stalking her? Those were the questions that came to her mind. He still looked amazing though and tempting. It made her want to fall in bed with him all over again. But she couldn't, or could she. Ahhh she wanted to scream at herself, but couldn't or she would probably die of embarrassment. Malaya stared at him for what seemed like an eternity. His eyes shifted and she followed them to see him staring at the arm that was wrapped around her. She finally managed to say something. Unfortunately only one word was uttered and that was "Hi". Malachi didn't get a chance to respond because a lady pulled him away towards the back of the building.

Jealousy started to take over as Malaya wondered who she was and why she pulled him away. Didn't she see that he was occupied talking to someone else? How rude of her. Maybe that was his type. The rude and obnoxious ones Malaya thought feeling upset and irritated. She got up and excused herself. She was I desperate need for some fresh air. Chris sensed the change of mood and wondered who he was and what he was to Malaya. Since she seemed like she really needed some space he didn't follow her outside he just sat and continued to watch the act on stage and help her parents when he was needed. Her parents missed the whole thing they were so caught up in the entertainment on stage.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As Malachi entered his eyes caught sight of Malaya. How relaxed and comfortable she looked in another man's arm. The image pained him deeply like it was physical. He so badly wanted to tear it away from around her but didn't want to cause a scene. Was this what she meant when she said she wanted space, space to be with another man? Was he so easy to forget that she had already moved on? He wondered who the guy was and how long have she known him. Malachi tried not to think about it since he was on business although he had hoped for a little pleasure as well. Grateful he was that the host got him as well as his brain occupied but it wasn't for long. He was supposed to do a speech but he couldn't. So he told her to do it in his behalf and that the donation was still being given but he had something important to take care of.

Meanwhile Malaya was outdoor pacing the entry way trying to clear her mind. She was pulled out of her thoughts when she felt familiar hands hugging her stopping her in her track. It felt so good to be in his arms but she couldn't let it be that easy she couldn't just give in. Afterall she is a woman and they never make anything easy. She slowly pulled out his arms and stood facing him. The thought of how she must look to him made her a little too aware. So she rubbed one hand down her pants and the other brushed back her ponytail. Malachi smiled at seeing her a bit nervous and ruffled. It made him think about her in his bed. That thought did nothing to help his libido. It more like sent it in overdrive. Not wanting to just go straight ahead and ask who that guy was he decided to ask how she was doing.

Malaya told him she was fine and asked how he was doing. Which he responded by saying he was doing horribly. Then they went back to staring at each other. Not being able to hold it in any longer Malachi asked,

"So who was that guy?"

Malaya waited a bit while staring at him some more. She knew he was talking about Chris. So he did feel bad seeing her with a man. She wondered how he would have felt if it was his son. A thought came to mind and she decided to play along. Let's see how you like being hurt she thought evilly.

"He's my boyfriend."